New Gaming PC Build - Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know where else to post this, I'm new here.

I'm building a new PC for Christmas, and was wondering if anyone here would be able to tell me how it would run for games like L4D2, WoW, Borderlands, etc.

Intel Core i5

nVidia GTX 275

6 GB of G.SKILL RAM

550 Watt PSU

Those are the 'main' factors for the PC as far as I know.

If you need the rest of the specs let me know and I can post.

:)

Thanks much!

I can't link it, but it's..

Antec TruePower New TP-550 550W Continuous Power ATX12V V2.3 / EPS12V V2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC "compatible with Core i7/Core i5" Power Supply - Retail

If it's too low, what would you recommend? 750w Maybe?

That PSU should run the GTX 275. However, something like the Corsair 650TX should be your best buy.

Is anyone familiar with this cpu/gpu enough to give me a rough estimate on how games would run on it?

I spend most of my time in Borderlands and Modern Warfare 2, I'd rather enjoy playing them fully maxed.

With a i5 750 and a GTX275 at stock clocks ballpark figures for Borderlands would be 60-70 fps average, 40-45 fps minimum at 1920x1080 with 0xAA, 16xAF and highest game settings.
I recently ran the game, amongst others using fraps when I further oc'ed an EVGA GTX260 FTW for a friend to show him the futility of the exercise- the card is comparable with the GTX275 (with moderate oc'ed X58/i7 950)
CoD:MW2 at 1920x1080 , 4xAA, 16xAF max in-game settings approx 70-85 fps average- this according to online reviews. Techspot did a review not so long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back