New graphic card/case, need recommendations

darkty

Hello guys, So my birthday is in 3 months. If you did not know, I am having problems with my case and graphic card. Ex: Overheating/Crashing from it. So yea, I am intrested in getting a new graphic card and case. So if you do not mind, Please post a link to a grpahic card with a case, Or just 1. But here is what I am planning on doing with the comp for you info.

Hardcore Gaming- Things that can run BFBC,Crysis,Cod, High-End Games. So I just want something that can play most of the new and future games at high or so.

Case- Try to make it have fans so I do not have airflow/overheating problems again.

Price- Try to make the price under 300.

EDIT: If you know any good cases that are used for watercooling, Or a case that is see-though so I can install neon, Please List.

Under 300 what? Dollars, Lire, Taka ?
Making some basic assumptions (you want a mid/full tower chassis for an ATX, running at an average resolution 1680x1050) here's some chassis:
Mid tower
Cooler Master HAF 922 ($99 inc shipping)
Cooler Master Storm Sniper ($133 inc shipping)
Lian Li Lancool PC-K62 ($103 inc shipping)
Antec P183 ($160 inc shipping)
SILVERSTONE RAVEN RV02-BW ($160 inc shipping)
SILVERSTONE Fortress Series FT02B-W ($245 inc shipping)
Full tower
Cooler Master HAF 932 ($130 inc shipping)
COOLER MASTER HAF X ($200 inc shipping)
COOLER MASTER ATCS 840 ($170 inc shipping)
LIAN LI PC-A70F ($180 inc shipping)

As for graphics cards, I'd leave it for the time being. In three months the graphics landscape is going to look a whole lot different to how it appears now.

Divide- As I said my birthday is in November, So I should be able to get a card for less than 300 if there are anyone's good out then. I just want to correct you slightly, I would like to run my games at 1920x1080. I love the cases you put so thanks alot, I will proplay invest in one of those for my new card in the near future.

While I'm not a fan of the Cosmos, I do agree with getting a full tower case if possible. I like more rugged designs like the HAF series but a lot of people prefer the Cosmos line. Either way Cooler Master makes some of the best quality cases out there.

As for video cards, the HD5850 and GTX 460 are the ideal choices in the $200-$300 dollar range; both boast DX11 support and will run games @ 1080p no problem. Like mentioned, the GTX 460 does offer better overclocking headroom if you're into that kind of thing, but the 5850 is more powerful out of the box. HD5850 will also be a bit more expensive.

you could also wait till christmas for the new line of ati cards. that is only possible if you have a card for the time being.

I want to say I am not a big fan of ATI, So if you can stick to Nvidia cards.

any reason in particular?

btw there is no evidence that suggests ATI will roll out new cards this holiday season. it's been speculated, but not confirmed.

Well I have heard better about Nivida, They look better sometimes, They also have a good advert market. Most games want you to have Nvida card to play.

btw, If you guys saw any cases that are clear (So you can see Neon inside) Please link them aswel.

you don't need an nvida card to play games that are sponsored by nvidia

Il wait nontheless for the next line up

this is what i had planned as well, but i've heard numerous reports on AMD game forums that any new cards are just going to be revamped HD5xxx series units (i.e. no new GPUs). that's fine if they have something cooked up on the efficiency or cooling end but as far as performance goes they won't be leaps and bounds ahead of the 5000 series save for the price of course ;)

ultimately it doesn't matter what you are using and depends heavily on the drivers you have installed.

I have seen games that are sponserd by lets say Nvidia but look better on that rather than an ATI or something.

So I'm guessing this is the card you are referring to that is overheating and crashing? The HD4850 is still a great card from a technical standpoint, and is typically stable. Are you familiar with CCC's fan controls and/or applying thermal paste? Those are basically the first steps in improving a card's temps. You could also look into buying a better cooler, but I suppose upgrading to something else isn't a bad idea.

Well I have heard better about Nivida, They look better sometimes, They also have a good advert market. Most games want you to have Nvida card to play.

btw, If you guys saw any cases that are clear (So you can see Neon inside) Please link them aswel.

Just a piece of friendly advice darkty, If you are making selections based on who has the better advertising department, you are going to limit your selection to components that may not suit your needs the best both in price, performance, and the relationship between the two. If you are looking for recommendations, (and you are obviously) you should heed the advice of the more learned and knowledgeable folks here, and most importantly do some of your own research. It may be the case that with your limited budget, an ATI card may be a better investment for you. While you may think that "The Way it meant to be played" tag line may strike you as a better slogan...it does not push more data through a graphic subsystem. An Nvidia card may be the way to go for what your looking for, but your going to screw yourself if you base it on that. be Leary of fanboy opinions that are as useful as a bumper sticker of Calvin pissing on a Ford emblem.

plus ruby is way sexier than that fat slob nvidia has sponsoring their cards, just saying :haha:

but in all seriousness red is right on the money. i would just stick with ATI and ignore the hype.

Red- I do listen to everybody, No I do not think a card is better for it's market either, I was just pointing it out. Right now I do not have the slightest idea on what I will buy as I am researching the cards listed below.

Just a not on the Cosmos.
The Cosmos S (RC-1100) and any Cosmos sporting the side fan or 4x120mm fan bracket will severely limit your options in CPU cooling - you would not be able to mount a tower CPU cooler designed for 120mm fans.
The Cosmos used to ship with no harddrive cooling fan- I'm not sure if that's still the case, as I haven't worked with one for over a year. One or preferably two (or an additional hdd 4 in 3 caddy ) front fans I think is a must, otherwise the case too much negative air pressure.
Great chassis for watercooling though.

Red- I do listen to everybody, No I do not think a card is better for it's market either, I was just pointing it out. Right now I do not have the slightest idea on what I will buy as I am researching the cards listed below.

Again darkty, That wasn't a shot at you at all. I just despise it when fanboys spew, people, like yourself, spend hundreds or thousands of $$ on rec's made here. I just want people to get constructive input rather than hyperbole, that's all :)

Again darkty, That wasn't a shot at you at all. I just despise it when fanboys spew, people, like yourself, spend hundreds or thousands of $$ on rec's made here. I just want people to get constructive input rather than hyperbole, that's all :)

I know dude, I understand what your trying to say. All good. :)

Back