New PC-cillin Pop up

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeArrigo

okay its a RAP generic again, but this time its hidden away in

C:\system Volume Information\_restore {202550A8_7A33-4BCA-9586-051D24DDBf8f}\RP2051A0089703.exe

and I have no idea how to find it, I've tried unchecking those boxes to allow me to see hidden files and folders and I get nothing, I've also tried restarting in safe mode and searching so I can delete it, but still no luck
thanks all

Hi :

How to disable system restore and later after cleansing enable it again, read:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310405
Instruction with pictures here: http://vil.nai.com/vil/systemhelpdocs/disablesysrestore.aspx

You utilise System Restore to clear the system volume information folder/s.

Create Clean Restore Point - Clear old Restore Points.

To create a clean System Restore point:
1. Click Start, All Programs, Accessories, System tools, System Restore.
2. In the pop-up that appears fill in the radio button to Create a Restore Point
3. Click NEXT
4. Enter a useful name that you will remember if you need to find this again (Clean Restore Point)
5. Click CREATE

You now have a clean restore point, you should clear the old ones:
1. Click Start, All Programs, Accessories, System tools, Disk Clean Up
2. Click OK on the C: drive
3. Click the More Options tab
4. In the System Restore section click the Clean Up button

okay I understand how to turn on and off my system restore, and how to create restore points.... then I just run the Disk Clean Up? and everything should be all good???

Yes, infections in restore points are harmless, unless of course you use that particular restore point. Turning system restore off, then on, will wipe all your old restore points, including the infected one and will create a brand new clean restore point.

If that`s the only problem you have, then after doing what has been suggested, you will be good to go.

Gilian

Post a HJT log. If this this program was in your restore folder, there maybe other stuff lurking on your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back