New PC for gaming, Web/graphic design

By cooliest
Apr 11, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. hi all, i want to have desktop,i'll use it on gaming, graphic and webdesign.i have decided about processor and graphic card but i dont know which motherbord and memory (8 gb) is compatible with these components ??

processor: Intel Core i7-2600K BX80623I72600K Unlocked Processor - Quad Core, 8MB L3 Cache, 1MB L2 Cache, 3.40 GHz (3.80 GHz Max Turbo), Socket H2 (LGA1155), 95W, Fan, Retail

graphic card: ASUS ENGTX560 Ti DCII TOP/2DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 560 Ti DirectCU II TOP Video Card - 1GB, GDDR5, Overclocked, PCI-Express 2.0 (x16), Dual DVI, Mini-HDMI, DirectX 11, SLI Ready

so now i need motherbord and 8gb memory, i need your suggestions...
  2. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,699   +586

If you're just looking for a standard feature set then I'd say look at the Asus P8Z68-V/Gen3 ($180). If you're maybe looking to go with a Ivy Bridge CPU in future then the P8Z77-V ($210) might make more sense.

As for RAM, I'd say that a 2x4GB kit is probably entry level. Corsair, G.Skill and Kingston generally work fine with Asus boards. Depending on the software you run/planning to run a 4x4GB kit might also be beneficial.
    Check the memory QVL at the maunfacturers website or the memory configurator at the relevant RAM vendor (Corsair >>here<<, Kingston >>here<<, G.Skill >>here<<, Crucial >>here<<...etc., you get the idea)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.