TechSpot

New studio unveils PC-exclusive FPS, Hard Reset

By Matthew
Jul 14, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. With so many game makers shifting their primary focus to consoles, it's not every day that we hear about a major PC-exclusive title. Whether it's lower piracy rates, an easier…

Read the whole story

2. howzz1854

howzz1854 TS Evangelist Posts: 602   +86

DUDE!!!!... SWEETT...

3. Wagan8r

Wagan8r TS Evangelist Posts: 595   +52

A very intereseting tidbit is that if you go to the site, you will see some scrolling code on the left side. What's cool is that it is real code and it's written in Java! The code listed is the 'HardReset.java' class and contains some interesting info for the rest of us nerds. To date, I don't know of any released major game that is written in Java instead of C++. If this code is at all real, then this may be one of the first legitimate Java games! It's a good bet that they are using OpenGL either through LWJGL or JOGL.

4. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,558   +598

Hell, I'll buy from them just to support PC gaming. That teaser (even though it was about the shortest teaser I've seen) was damn good looking though. :)

5. TekGun

TekGun TS Booster Posts: 156   +17

This.

6. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,548   +2,894

Would it be safe to say this will be a DX11 title?

Regardless though, I am still interested! :)

7. Wagan8r

Wagan8r TS Evangelist Posts: 595   +52

Proably not if they're using Java (see my post above). It'd be OpenGL 4.1 most likely.

8. Zecias

Zecias TS Booster Posts: 202

i don't really get why they would use java to make the game.

9. Mindwraith

Mindwraith TS Enthusiast Posts: 186

this game is gonna get hammered by piracy

10. yorro

yorro TS Booster Posts: 251

I hope they don't get greedy

11. Buyin it. Just due to the fact that its pc exclusive and I am damn tired of the copy paste COD franchise and all the new to gaming newbs it has been raking in and the fact that BF3 wont be on Steam which is a fail logic. That or im getting Arma III

12. Nope, OpenGL ES 2.0. Nothing stunning, it's something like DirectX 9 regards to the features.

13. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,917   +683

I really hope this doesn't have some stupid DRM, the day it comes out and I get the report that it doesn't have a stupid DRM system (I don't mind entering the code on the back of the manual but anything that hinders the playability or requires internet connection I feel is a step to far) then I will buy this game just to stand up for what I believe in, that PC gaming will always be around and as long as the company's make smart decisions to make games solely for pc and it doesn't destroy my pc with DRM systems then i am all for buying this, that and the trailer may be short but it actually looks like a promising game, plus the people making it sounds like a bunch of guys who make good games, not just in it for the money if you know what i mean.

14. fpsgamerJR62

fpsgamerJR62 TS Rookie Posts: 489

Looks a bunch of developers with pretty good credentials although one of the outfits mentioned, i.e. City Interactive, is better known for its budget FPS titles. These guys do deserve our support for working on a PC-exclusive title with an intriguing storyline to boot although the title does bring back memories from the days of Windows 3x and Windows 9x when you had press that tiny button in front of your case in order to reset your PC because Windows had BSOD'ed or just plain frozen.

15. 63Jax

63Jax TS Enthusiast Posts: 84

God bless them, just for us PCs.

16. I really hope it's a DX11 game. After the Crisis 2 and Witcher 2 let down and this game looking epic it would be sad to see another DX9 release. I keep being being reminded of the family guy joke, "We have the technology, but we don't want to spend a lot of money".

17. Leeky

Leeky TS Evangelist Posts: 3,797   +116

+1 from me. :)

What he said! :D

18. ramonsterns

ramonsterns TS Enthusiast Posts: 744   +12

I'll buy so long as they don't pull the Day 1 DLC and extra maps DLC bullshit.

Can I please buy a game and actually get all the content in one game?

19. treetops

treetops TS Evangelist Posts: 1,951   +162

I liked bullet storm, this game looks pretty sweet.

20. w3b0n

w3b0n TS Rookie Posts: 38

Buying it to support the cause!