New to PC gaming, is this a good build?

tyler14

iBuyPower 'Build Your Own' Gaming Desktop Bundle -Select Case, Processor, Memory, Hard Drive, and more - PRICE $1275
  • Case
    (iBUYPOWER NZXT Guardian Chassis, Red)
  • Motherboard & Processor
    (Intel Core i7-3770K (4 x 3.50GHz) Processor, BYO Bundle)
  • Operating System
    (Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-Bit Edition)
  • Memory
    (iBUYPOWER 16GB Kit (2 x 8GB) DDR3 SDRAM Memory Module)
  • Hard Drive
    (2TB 7200RPM Hard Disk Drive)
  • Graphics Card
    (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card)
  • Optical Drive
    (24X DVD+/-RW DL Optical Drive)
Save for later | Remove

Those specs are solid for a Gaming PC. However, I'm positive you will save money if you just built it yourself. Also, that list doesn't include a PSU. So, you will need to pick a PSU for your build. The PSU is one of the most important parts. Thus, you always want to pick something with good build quality.

Is your budget $1275ish?

If you're open to building the machine yourself. I am sure myself or someone here could help you build a machine best for your budget.

Thats off walmarts website I wouldnt have a clue how to assemble one myself, is psu power supply? wouldnt it come with that automatically? I need all help I can get, I dont know if that build is wifi capable either I would like that

Yes, the PSU is indeed the power supply. Now, building a PC is a lot easier than you may think. But, if you're absolutely sure you don't want to attempt it, I will see what I can do.

What is your budget for this?
Where do you live?

I think I could build one if it looks as easy as the youtube video im watching, I live in middle tennessee, other than the psu do I have everything else listed to make a complete setup, well I need the piece to make it wifi capable too though, I wanted to stay under a 1000 maybe I could if I assemble it myself and buy parts off amazon?

For wifi capabilities you will need a WIFI adapter. There are PCI versions which work very well for desktops. Will you need all peripherals? IE: Monitor,Keyboard,Mouse.

They make wi fi adapter you can plug into a usb dont they? so I wouldnt have to mount one internally. im gonig to hook it to a hd tv for a monitor,have a keyboard/mouse. I have my amazon cart full of the things I need I believe and total is $1156.75, im gonna try screen shot it and post the pics and you can tell me if I need other items

Yes, there are USB dongles but, those aren't as reliable or efficient. But, that's all up to you. To me, It's always best to be connected straight to your modem for best performance.

Try to just copy and paste the list here. That way, if I miss something another member may catch it. But, if you absolutely cannot, just PM the list.

Looks like left off the motherboard, I hear asus motherboards are good, is there certain size I need to fitmy setup?

ASRock Z77 Extreme6 ($160.00)
Intel Core i5-3570K ($220.00)
8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600MHz ($63.00)
EVGA GeForce GTX670 2GB ($378.18)
Corsair Enthusiast Series 650TX ($90.00)
Windows 7 Home Premium ($99.00)
Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001 2TB ($99.99)
NZXT Guardian Black SECC Steel Chassis ATX Mid Tower (69.99)

If I were you, I'd probably go with something like this. But, it is over 1K. To put it under or closer to 1K I would instead of a GTX 670 pick up a HD 7950 Boost. Additionally, I would probably knock RAM down to 4GB and storage down to 1TB. This will put you around 1K.

I wanna get best graphics possible without going way overboard, I would spend the extra cash on my setup if you think it would be worth it? if I added a $200 motherboard I would be at 1350 price , but if the graphics and speed wont be much different from what you recommend then the extra cost isnt worth it

The Motherboard I suggested will be good for your build. No need to spend on a more expensive motherboard. However, the extra money could go toward your Wireless dongle and a CPU cooler.

Cpu cooler was next question , I may just stick to wired connection for now on the internet part, il add that motherboard to the list, will all single cpu fans fit it corrrectly?

Il look that up also, whats your take on second graphics card? or would the one I chose be
plenty

This is all new so when I start ordering this stuff il be taking pics and showing you the set up as I go probably, is that tower I chose come with fans and lights you think? and surely its the right size

Yeah, the Case you picked will come with some fans and it looks to have at least one LED fan. Yes, it is indeed the correct size to fit your components.

$1345 is what its gonna cost to have this all brought to my house, I think I can put it together with help from youtube vidoes, dont lauigh but im sure to ps3 games will it blow that out of the water? hopefully be better than ps4 also lol

It all depends on how well the port is.. but, for the most part, PC games generally offer far better graphics. And, with your setup you should be able to play majority of games at Max settings with playable framerates. PC gaming to me offers a much grander experience compared to consoles.

Back