new video card

By flamethrower_13
Mar 1, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Which is the best video card to get. I want a 256 mb with Agp 8x and no more then $400 bucks. Or should i get maybe a really nice 128mb card?
  2. BringinHeat

BringinHeat Newcomer, in training Posts: 171

Best one under $400 bucks 6800 GT without a doubt!!! Easy to overclock to ultra speeds and beats x800 pro most if not all of the time due to the x800 pro's 12 pipelines compared to the 6800 GT's 16. :slurp:
  3. tbrunt3

tbrunt3 Newcomer, in training Posts: 495

yes i vote for the 6800gt myself ... Heck I like to have one too!
  4. flamethrower_13

flamethrower_13 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 37

alright thanks. but which make would you recommend. because theres all sorts such as gigabyte, eVGA, asus,etc.. which one would you guys recommend?
  5. BringinHeat

I have PNY, works fine for me they give a lifetime warranty (not like anyone would use that). But i heard EVGA is good they give a trade back warranty where for a certain time you can trade up your video card for a newer one and pay the difference so you mite want to consider that. ASUS are good as well but they have a watered down version of 6800GT just make sure you watch out for that. Some people say XFX gave them problems some say its great so go with whatever. I havent heard anything about gigabyte so no comment on that :wave:
  6. NiNjA ZX9

NiNjA ZX9 Newcomer, in training

I have the BFG 6800GT Overclock, it comes from the factory with a small overclock, has a lifetime warranty and tech support 24/7. I am completely happy with this card. Half Life 2, Doom 3, and Farcry, all cranked up and lookin good with no slowdown.
  7. BringinHeat

Oh yea i have read good things about BFG too they are very stable and come slightly overclocked as ninja mentioned. Good post ninja :giddy:
  8. tbrunt3

tbrunt3 Newcomer, in training Posts: 495

BFG or Pny Evga they all pretty good I believe the leader in nvidia video cards is BFG...
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.