Parts:
Case: Raidmax Smilodon
Power supply: Rosewill RP550-2 ATX12V v2.01 550W
Graphics: EVGA 640-P2-N829-A1 GeForce 8800GTS 640MB 320-bit
Cpu: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Conroe 2.66GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775
Hardrive: Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD2500KS 250GB 7200 RPM 16M
Cd Drive: LITE-ON Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard
Ram: CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)

(I dont think I missed anything.)

Alright as I said this is me building this from just the parts so it is of course possible that I messed up. Although I have redone this around half a dozen times so if I'm messing up im in real trouble. But anyway what happens is hit the power button and absolutly nothing happens. I do have it plugged in, and also I notice when I hit the I/O button on the power supply turning it on, the keyboard that is plugged in Cap/Number lock buttons will flash a few times. Other then that nothing happens.

Alright I understand that this probly is not really a ton to work with, but any suggestions/ideas would be welcome.

Thanks,
Riley.

You have BOTH power plugs into the board (24 and 4 pin)?

Can you test the psu outputs?

You were sure to use the mobo stand-offs in the correct configuration to insulate the mobo from the backboard?

You have a battery installed correctly in the cmos battery clip?

You have the psu set for the proper voltage?

Alright I got it. It seems that Raidmax did not color code the wires well. The instructions for the case listed the postive and negitvie wires all wrong. It is now running very well. Thank you for the idea's all the same. And to those of you who have/or will have a Smilodon Raidmax case, the wire color codings are screwy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back