TechSpot

News around the web: Game Consoles at a Crossroads

By Erik
Nov 19, 2009
  1. BlindObject

BlindObject TS Rookie Posts: 446

The 3d maker is super awesome, I thing I might do that today.

2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,355   +402

That "Gaming Consoles at a Crossroads" article was right on. And you could apply it to PC gaming:

"There's been a shortage of software that builds excitement," says analyst David Cole of industry tracker DFC Intelligence.

"Meantime, all three big console makers need to address the dearth of hit games..."

No kidding. This has been one of the worst years - if not the worst - for decent games. Take away "Batman: Asylum," "Dragon Age," and "MW2" and it's been an absolute dog of a year. I don't know why this is so hard for developers to figure out. It's better to invest your resources into developing quality games that will sell a brazillion copies than cranking out 10 crap games in one year.

3. Captain828

Captain828 TS Guru Posts: 277

I'd personally cut MW2 from your list and add L4D2 and Borderlands.

NFS Shift was much better than expected as well.

4. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,355   +402

"I'd personally cut MW2 from your list and add L4D2 and Borderlands."

True dat...I thought about L4D2 after I'd made the post.

5. Puiu

Puiu TS Maniac Posts: 1,073   +100

The games might not have been all that great but we did have a few good titles. And besides, i'm satisfied to see NVIDIA at AMD's feet begging for forgiveness. Muhahahahaha

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.