News around the web: Life Without a Laptop

By Erik
Jun 30, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twister123

Twister123 Newcomer, in training Posts: 219

screen size is a big issue , surely squinting over a phone will not take over from laptops, I'm sure the industry would love it though , the look at my new flashy phone attitude is much bigger than the look at my new laptop mentality , it says something about how phones are marketed compared to laptops,I wonder is the phone industry bigger than the laptop industry ? I'm sure theres more money in the mobile phone business anyway.
  2. FoReWoRd

FoReWoRd Newcomer, in training Posts: 238

MEMORY spelt incorrectly
  3. Twister123

me? where?
  4. FoReWoRd

not you, in the page showing all the articles
  5. FoReWoRd

fixed now :)
  6. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TechSpot Maniac Posts: 899   +52

Yes lets have more retards paying more attention to texting and email than paying attention to driving. At least a laptop is harder to hide from they cops when they get caught.
  7. Twister123

had a bad experience did you tekkaraiden , yea well at least laptops don't have ringtones , can you imagine!
  8. "MEMORY spelt incorrectly"

You corrected the spelling of memory, but fail to realize that "spelt" is not a word. It's spelled. The past tense conjugation of the verb spell....
  9. Twister123

thanks for the grammar lesson, we'll all sleep better now , most people here are poetic licence holders anyway , didn't you know that ?
  10. T77

T77 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 315

who has the time for all that grammar checking while writing?
    i dont think it is time to ditch the laptop for a smartphone.smartphones still have weak points such as screensize,memory,processing power.until these issues are sorted out laptops will continue to sell

11. tengeta

tengeta TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 632

Smartphones are going to have to have equal power and a video out before I even think about using one to replace my current means of getting work done.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.