News around the web: MS pays users to ditch Firefox

By Erik
Jun 18, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkshadoe

Darkshadoe TechSpot Maniac Posts: 516   +95

What next Microsoft..download IE8 and receive a new car? How tacky.
  2. isamuelson

isamuelson Newcomer, in training Posts: 96

What if I use IE Tab in Firefox? ;)
  3. I would try user agent switcher first thing, but who knows, maybe it doesn't work. In any case, there's no way I'm signing up for twitter, so forget about it.
  4. NeoFlux

NeoFlux TechSpot Member Posts: 83

Nah, I think more efficient way would be to bribe some editors of tech sites to write VERY positive reviews of IE8. Still, I don't think that's efficient enough :p
  5. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 Newcomer, in training Posts: 6,504

Hahaha that Firefox thing is the funniest ever!
  6. yukka

yukka TechSpot Paladin Posts: 709   +28

lol ms show no fear..
  7. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,280   +23

LOL I opened the page using Google Chrome and it said "You'll never find it using tarnished Chrome!"

But I guess now that they're actually donating meals for every IE download (yeah, 8 meals per download to the Feeding America network), this isn't too far up their alley. ;)

The ongoing EU fiasco will just strengthen their resolve to follow through with this kind of marketing campaign.
  8. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,073   +75

I respect the balls that Microsoft is showing in the face of all these antitrust lawsuits, and I could use an extra $10K, so I'm game.
  9. tengeta

tengeta TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 632

Is this going on in the EU by any chance?

This may be more of a "kiss our a**es" than anything else.
  10. polidiotic

polidiotic Newcomer, in training Posts: 103

Well.. I'm all for winning $10,000 like the next guy... but c'mon guys, there's only so many times that I'll stick up for you with this kind of **** tactic. We get it, you want to win the browser war... now develop an actual dominant browser.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.