News around the web: Steve Jobs' demo fails

By Erik
Jun 8, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,072   +75

LMAO @ Steve Jobs! It's absolutely ridiculous that the wifi interference actually disabled the phone though... I didn't think I could lower my expectations of Apple any further...
  2. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,867   +74

hahaha, not normally one to take part in Schadenfreude, but Jobs is just such a insufferable *** I will make an exception. and what Wendig0 said..'.I cant get on the internet because your on the internet'
    what a rube!
  3. So pretty much if you got to an at$t hotspot don't expect your new iphone to work unless of course you ask everyone else to turn off there wifi since that must be the problem.
  4. Timonius

Timonius TechSpot Booster Posts: 573   +31

Haha. 'k everybody get off your wifi! My download speeds aren't fast enough! All your internets are belong to us!
  5. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,470   +299

Man that guy (steve Jobs) a d*ck! makes me laugh he didn't test it before he went on stage!
  6. red1776

comparing apples to ...ummm...non apples

I think he did Burty. he has engineered his snobby little device not to associate with 'non apple' devices, and that includes sharing a wifi connection with all of those windows based laptops.
  7. jacob007

jacob007 Newcomer, in training Posts: 25

It did not disable the phone
  8. Docnoq

Docnoq Newcomer, in training Posts: 141

Jobs is such a tool. Nice little passive aggressive attack on your audience there, Jobs. Don't be mad at them because your crappy device needs its own dedicated wifi connection to work.
  9. PanicX

PanicX TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 829

This is a networking engineers failure, in my opinion. They should have had dedicated bandwidth allocated for his devices. Do Airports have this functionality?
  10. red1776

That's a great point Docnoq. That is exactly what that was.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.