Processors
Intel Core i5 750 Overclocking Guide @ Legion Hardware

Notebooks
ASUS K50IN @ InsideHW

Motherboards
An Average Joe - MSI 785GM-E51 @ HardwareZone
Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3R Intel P55 Motherboard Review @ PCSTATS

Permalink to story.

"Lars and Jens Rasmussen were broke and jobless -- with only $16 between them -- when they made it big in the Web world by selling their idea for Google Maps."

Yes very interesting history on this (and others)
If I only had $16 myself back then :D

What's the with GeForce 200 reviews these days?

Doesn't everyone know how these GPUs perform already?

I mean surely the only difference between reviews this late in the game are drivers and maybe games used for benchmarks. But still everyone should know where these GPUs stand against their competitors already.

Finished reading the google wave article, then went and watched most of the Google Wave preview video. I think it's definitely something to be excited for!

Even with the google's huge datacenters and capability wave will be a test to maintain. While kinks can be expected a for a 'preview' it is pretty clear it's going to be a headache to run. Great idea by the brothers but it can frustrate many users if the final version is slow/buggy/etc.

i was an presentation video about wave and it looked really interesting with many really cool features. It's annoying to use so many programs/services these days. If they manage to take all of them, merge them and make it good enough to be used daily by the average Joe then i'm sure it will become an huge success.

As far as google getting in on the navigation systems this sounds great to me! I've been looking for both a new phone and I've really been wanting a navigation system in my car...especially after i got lost on a 5 hour trip last weekend ><

I'm glad Google is getting in the GPS business, but I'm sad that I'll have to buy a new phone (and a new plan) to get it. Virtually all phones have GPS built in, but the phone companies consider this a profit center and won't let the phones tell you where they are unless you pay extra. Which makes me wonder whether most Android phones will really have this feature unlocked out of the box, or will you need to either pay Verizon or hack the phone? For most geeks, the answer is "hack the phone," but for the general public the only practical option is to pay Verizon (or T-Mobile, or whoever). Me, I think I'll keep my pre-paid phone and buy a GPS unit for the price of a new Android phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back