The World's First Commercial Brain-Computer Interface @ PopSci
Google Fiber Draws Another Bid @ PC World
See more articles and reviews.

Five years ago in TechSpot:
Hardware accelerated physics gaming from Ageia

Storage
Kingston SSDNow V Series 30GB Boot Drive @ TestFreaks
Mushkin Mulholland Drive 2GB USB Drive Review @ OCC
Kingston SSDNow V-Series 30GB Solid State Boot Drive Review @ ThinkComputers.org

Video
ASUS EAH 5850 TOP DirectCU @ techPowerUp
Hauppage WinTV Nova TD 500 review @ TechRadar

Peripherals
Steelseries Xai Review @ XSReviews
Steel Series Siberia v2 @ LanOC Reviews
SteelSeries Xai Laser Gaming Mouse @ BCCHardware

Misc.
Xigmatek Interview with Tony Sahin @ HardwareHeaven
Samsung PN58B650 58 Inch Plasma TV Review @ Tweaknews
USB 3.0 GIGABYTE Ultra Durable 3 PCI Express Card GA-USB3.0 @ Bona Fide Reviews

Power Supplies
Nexus RX-6300 Power Supply @ PureOverclock

Cooling
Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler Review @ BayReviews
Thermaltake Contac 29 Direct Touch CPU Cooler Review @ Legit Reviews

Memory
G.Skill PI 2200 CL7 F3-17600CL7D-4GBPIS Memory Review @ TweakPC.de

Cases
NZXT Hades Crafted Series Tower @ Pro-Clockers
Cooler Master 690 II Advanced Review @ Overclockers Online

Systems
MSI Wind Box Intel Atom 330 NetTops @ Phoronix

Permalink to story.

The article is basically accurate :)

Steve Jobs and Bill Gates were invited to the Xerox Palo Alto Research Center (PARC as it became known as) and Jobs went home and immediately started the WIMP (Windows, Icons, Menus and Pointer device) interface project which later became the Lisa machine (which failed in the market) and that evolved into the Macintosh product.

Quiet sadly, a great many things were developed at PARC and none were developed into successful products by Xerox -- only by those that had a marketing team that was johnny-on-the-spot with new technologies.

The rest is history.

Topeka temporarily named Google, Kansas. I once refused a mainframe programming project in Topeka, KS. I didn't want to travel and programming jobs were a dime a dozen at the time. Those were the days. Now my friend is so desperate he would fly to Louisville, KY on Monday and return to Chicago on Friday holding two residences to practice mainframe programming. Can't teach an old dog new tricks.

hello ...

learnt something new ...from something quite old * like i said in some other post, it has to begin some day, Bravo Windows!

I want PhySX in my games, now & forever ...so developers should do their best & even if they don't like it, it's not just a matter of money, but also please the customer end!

Sorry even if i want to brain control my puter, aint wearing this thing!

I saw that Google Island thingy on GameOne's JT & i LOLed about it, now i read it again here & think where would they go to be googled that much!

cheers!

Richy2k9, there's absolutely no reason you'd want PhysX in your games. Hardware accelerated physics, sure, but PhysX? Unless you have a large amount of stock in NVIDIA, why would you want it?

The Secret Origin of Windows was a very good read IMO. Interesting to learn about this stuff in the very early days. Things have changed so much.

PhysX is just nvidia's cash cow - it encourages consumers to stick to their brand and I'm guessing a lot of people will buy into it.

Hahaha I had no idea Google fiber would be so highly sought after by bureaucrats. Seems like Google has a similar level of influence as Stephen Colbert.. that guy can get people to do anything.

That is would really sexy HD 5850 by Asus, really nice. GOOGLE FIBER MUST COME TO CANADA PLEASE ROGERS + BELL SUCK BALLS.

just want to point out under Cooling "Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler" links to just the image not the review http://yfrog.com/1nimgnotrevp took the liberty of getting it, its the link below. Enjoy!
http://www.bayreviews.com/computers/3380-noctua-nhd14-cpu-cooler

Great list of hardware this week, I just love Steel Series' hardware I'm currently using their Steel Series IKARI mouse, awesome just love the look and the feel even though, I find it to be quite um.. how would I say it not durable after a while playing CS:S the area where my thumb is started to budge open. It looked kinda like if I force my thumb unto it, it would've been broken and this is just within the first week I bought it. Anyways I like thermaltake's Contac 29 Direct Touch and that Mushkin Mulholland Drive 2GB USB performance is amazing and just as reviewed the fixed amount of space 2GB which really sucks but I think I might just grab it because its so cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back