TechSpot

News around the web: Top 10 Black Friday Websites

By Erik
Nov 25, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. treeski

treeski TS Guru Posts: 877   +130

Is there an English version of the "Windows 7 Tuning & Tips" article?

2. Adhmuz

Adhmuz TechSpot Paladin Posts: 906   +101

Thats insane Crossfire X 5970s, although it will set you back well over a grand.

3. lupinnktp

lupinnktp TS Rookie Posts: 44

4. Puiu

Puiu TS Addict Posts: 1,062   +98

There really aren't any useful tips and tricks in that article besides the DVD to USB one. Although the keyboard shortcuts could be very useful to new windows users.

5. fref

fref TS Enthusiast Posts: 153

If Hulu begins charging for viewing videos, I'll be the first one to look elsewhere. There are plenty of other sites that I can watch TV shows on.

6. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,348   +398

I've been perusing the Black Friday ads and just haven't seen anything worthy enough to make me pull out my wallet yet. Lots of game sales, but they're all for consoles. A few blu-ray DVD's I might be interested in. But otherwise looking pretty weak, really - I was expecting more. :(

7. ColdPreacher

ColdPreacher TS Rookie Posts: 65

7 Things a geek can do for thanksgiving - "Surf the internet", "Watch or learn football", "Cook". I was hoping to find something in that article more engaging.

8. levar

levar TS Rookie Posts: 232

@the Top 10 Black Friday Websites @ PC World I'm going to be doing all except cooking :D
    I enjoyed reading about The Next Gen. P55 Motherboards (SATA 6Gbit/s and USB 3.0) @ HardwareZone

9. pomonasi

pomonasi TS Rookie Posts: 32

Such a massive increase in comments left... haha
    top 10 looks good. dont know if i can stay in line all night and goto work on friday... sucks

10. klepto12

klepto12 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,364   +9

i love the black friday artical but again there isnt anything that reaches out and grabs my attention. i do like the 5970 xfire reviews though :) but good lord it would cost a fortune to own that :(

11. GACrabill

GACrabill TS Rookie Posts: 47

I was looking forward to the Top Ten BF websites ... hoping to find some new ones that I was not aware of. But, the list is actually only the Top Five sites dedicated to BF. The other 5 sites are simply big retailers ... what a let down.

12. saintbodhisatva

saintbodhisatva TS Rookie Posts: 59

I still can't get the pricing strategy of the Sapphire Vapor-X 5750, it already costs as much as the 5770 which performs significantly better. maybe a 5770 Vapor-x version would make more sense yeah?

13. saintbodhisatva

saintbodhisatva TS Rookie Posts: 59

for netbooks, wouldn't it be still faster to use the instant-on Linux? Ive heard that you could be up and running in 5 seconds.

14. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,925   +170

Some of those new Windows 7 shortcuts are actually quite useful, like the Win+left or right and especially the Shift+superbar icon, I hadn't figured out how to open a new firefox window on my laptop without a middle click button.

15. lupinnktp

lupinnktp TS Rookie Posts: 44

love those reviews. kudos to ATI for keeping nvidia on the chase. and yes, love those tips too. windows7 has been a hit w me till now

16. jerry53

jerry53 TS Rookie Posts: 27

hulu going for a paid subscription model really is a deal killer but a man got to earn his dough right.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.