Mickey’s Magic needed for Disneyland Shanghai @ Reuters
Why Android 2.0 is going to be a very big deal @ TechRadar
See more articles and reviews.

Five years ago in TechSpot:
Intel claims edge over AMD on dual core chips

Storage
Corsair Flash Survivor 32GB USB Drive @ VelocityReviews
Review of the Seagate Barracuda 2TB HD @ Neoseeker
Seagate Barracuda XT 2TB SATA 6 Gbit/s Hard Drive Performance Review @ TweakTown

Video
Sapphire Radeon HD5750 @ PureOverclock
Sapphire Radeon HD 5870 Vapor-X 1GB video card review @ Elite Bastards

Peripherals
Sennheiser HD380 review @ TechRadar
The Apple Magic Mouse on Windows 7 and OSX @ DriverHeaven
EFO Wireless Handheld Keyboard and Touch Pad @ DragonSteelMods

Misc.
2009 Linux Graphics Survey @ Phoronix
Left 4 Dead 2 Demo Impressions @ OCModShop
Spyder3Express Monitor Color Calibration Device @ TestFreaks

Power Supplies
Thermaltake EVO 650W PSU Review @ BCCHardware

Sound
Energy Sistem Xplosionn Review @ XSReviews

Media Playres
Western Digital WD TV Live HD Media Player @ Legit Reviews

Displays
LG W2486L @ InsideHW
How to find the best Gaming LCD HD TV set @ revHardware
Samsung UN55B7100 55” 120Hz LED HDTV Review @ Hardware Canucks

Cooling
Arctic Cooling Accelero L2 Pro @ DeXgo
Thermolab BADA Heatsink Review @ Frostytech

Memory
OCZ Platinum DDR3 PC15000 Memory @ Pro-Clockers
Corsair Dominator 4GB 1600MHz DDR3 Dual Channel Memory Review @ Futurelooks

Cases
SilverStone Raven 2 case review @ TweakPC.de
NZXT M59 Classic Series PC Case @ Bona Fide Reviews
NZXT M59 Mid-Tower Steel Case Review @ Overclockers Online

Processors
AMD Athlon II X3 425 2.70 GHz @ techPowerUp
AMD Athlon II X3 425, 435 Processors @ iXBT Labs

Notebooks
Asus Eee 1101HA Netbook Review @ I4U
Sony VAIO X - Xtraordinary Thinness @ HardwareZone

Motherboards
Gigabyte GA-P55 UD3R Review @ OCC

Permalink to story.

Bing:
Interesting to see that MS arn't aiming to replace google, but enhance results over certain domains. If we see this kind of approach by other companies, maybe a hybrid search page, which can detect the domain somehow will appear, combining domain specific search engines and using google as a general engine or last resort. Like to see where this goes.

Beatles MP3:
$280!! It is a testament to the Beatles that collector's items like this can still sell for so much!

Disneyland Shanhai:
Wonder if this will last long, sure opening weeks (maybe months) will obviously see a lot of custom, but with the recesion, it's gonna cost a lot ot build and I can't see it having good continued custom with most people trying to save the pennies.

Android 2.0:
Interesting article too. I checked out the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opZ69P-0Jbc&feature=player_embedded (linked in the article above).

The storing account information sounds good, but hopefully there will be some nice bluetooth security. I know you can hack phones and make them dial premium lines, is it possible to make them send account info????

Bluethooth API also looks really cool, the possibilities for peer to peer are immense. The example app inspired the follow : Imagine sitting on a bus or train and getting an invite to play pong...lol.

Multiple screen sizes in one binary = very cool, if it's easy to use. I'm pretty sure you can do a similar thing in JavaME (yes it's old, but I've only touched on mobile app development), but it was complicated and still never turned out quite right in my experience. Then again, I only touched on it...

I can't see the point in building a Disneyland in Shanghai, if it's anything like the HK one then it's going to be tiny. If I'm planning a trip to China I'm not sure Disneyland would make it on my must see list.

If you are visiting China there are probably tons of other better things to see. But if you live in China, having a Disneyland might be something you'd check out. They aren't building it there to pull in visitors from other countries.

I agree Android is getting pretty big. I know a lot of people who have an Android phone. I know a bunch of OSs popped up but i think for sure Android is going to stick around.

With Android 2.0, maps is supposed to support turn-by-turn, voice directions through the GPS.

Incidentally, shares of Garmin and friends went down a whole lot...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back