TechSpot

no connection without reboot

By Abraxas
Jul 30, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have this weird problem ever since I'm a DSL user, I believe. After I cancel the connection it CAN happen that I can't connect again. Which means, I log in just fine, icons in the tray and everything, but nothing works. A reboot immediately fixes this problem.

My new ISP forces a disconnect after 12 hours and of course, this has made the situation worse, because I usually don't disconnect as long as the PC is on (I turn it off when I go to bed). It's a very minor problem, but it's a nuisance whatsoever. I figure it must be related to networking drivers...something that doesn't change in all my installs, something I do - or fail to do - all the time, independent of the two different ISPs I had since I'm using DSL.

So far I can NEVER get back in after an ISP disconnect. I never tried to disconnect myself before it happens, because, as you know now, I assume it's still the old problem and not the ISP's fault.
    I guess I have to check this to make sure. Perhaps it IS the ISP this time. But in the meantime feel free to make suggestions. :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.