No Sound From Surround/Centre/Subwoofer In Realtek Sound Effect Manager Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritwik7

Hi guys...
I just plugged my Onkyo 6.1 Channel (S-680) to my computer. I connected the receiver to the Digital Out port of my motherboard (Intel 915GV Chipset-Asus PTGD1 - LA). It uses the Realtek ALC880 drivers. Whenever I open Sound Effect Manager and do the Speaker Test, sound comes only from my front speakers. The rears/centre/sub all light up but no sound is played. However, while running games/music/films I get sound from all my speakers (though not very satisfactory and not real surround sound). Can anyone please help me with this?

Also, I can't open Realtek HD Audio Manager (RTHDCPL.exe). Only RTLCPL.exe (Sound Effect Manager) works. When I click on RTHDCPL.exe nothing happens. Please do help out.

Thanks.

try this:

1) try to go to the settings of your sound effect manager & there are selections there for 2.0,2.1.5.1 or what ever you may find that corresponds to your speaker channel.

2) if nothing corresponds to the given selections,try to download the latest audio driver from your motherboard's manufacturer website.

3) otherwise,you need to plug-in a sound card that has the feature to play with 6.1 channel audio.

goodluck

My theatre PC does the same thing! In the test, only the 2 front speakers work, but during HDTV, or DVD Playback, it's Aok {All speakers firing}.

My motherboard is completely different {AMD Platform} but uses the Realtec Audio, so I'm guesing it's a glitch in the Manager. I'm using Optical out to my AMP.

I wouldn't worry about it unless you are not getting 5.1 during playback.

To turbo1: I had downloaded the latest drivers from the Realtek website, but not my motherboard manufacturer's site. Could that in any way be a problem? And as I stated before, the speaker test does not work.

To Fragrant Coit: I get sound from all my speakers during games/movies/music. But my system sounds better when connected to a DVD player than the computer. Could you tell me why? I use the digital out(coaxial). And, do you get the HD Audio Manager or the ordinary Sound Effect Manager?

Thanks...

Ritwik7 said:
To turbo1: I had downloaded the latest drivers from the Realtek website, but not my motherboard manufacturer's site. Could that in any way be a problem? And as I stated before, the speaker test does not work.

compatibility wise,yes.your motherboard's website would know best in terms of your latest/updated/upgrade of your onboard sound.in my case,i even sent an email to ECS (not so expensive board,some call it crap) & their tech support guided me where to get it.i specifically enumerated to them the functions & features that dont work & i now have the latest BIOS & sound driver.

with regards to your problem,you hooked up your home theater system onkyo HT-s680 (if am not mistaken) to your pc.try turning off the EQUALIZER on your pc's sound manager & other codec software that you have in your system.or if you tend to play music,also turn off your equalizer if your using windows media player or nero or any MP3 player that you may have.

the idea is this,equalizers dont like digitals.they only filter the 3d,surround sound & everything.one more thing is that your receiver is already a 6.1 channel capable.if your sound manager on your pc is switched on to 6.1 or so,then your getting a feed of a 6.1 throwing another 6.1 to an already 6.1 spectrum (receiver).in this process,everything is again filtered.

try using only the 6.1 spectrum on your receiver or do it reversed.switch on the 6.1 on your pc (if you have that in sound manager) & turn off the filters on your receiver.use only on side of 6.1 choose between your receiver or pc which ever for you gives the better sound.try it.

turbo1 said:
try using only the 6.1 spectrum on your receiver or do it reversed.switch on the 6.1 on your pc (if you have that in sound manager) & turn off the filters on your receiver.use only on side of 6.1 choose between your receiver or pc which ever for you gives the better sound.try it.

How exactly is that to be done?

And Can you please tell me how to enable HD Audio?

There is no option to enable HD Audio in BIOS. I have Microsoft UAA Bus Driver For High Definition Audio along with Realtek ALC880. The HD Audio Manager does not work. Nothing happens on double clicking its icon(RTHDCPL.exe). Only the ordinary Sound Effect Manager functions. Please help. Do I need a BIOS upgrade?

no need for the BIOS thing,i just said it on what i did for ECS to update the BIOS for my video card to work,update was included along with the sound driver but separate download.im sorry for misleading.

open the realtek sound manager,on the console,click the equalizer tab.there's a check box on the lower left portion of the panel.turn it off.you can do that during playback or while playing music,so you would hear the difference of the sound by switching it on & off (try click & unclick) you'll definitely hear the changes.take note,dont use a head phone when listening unless supported with 6.1 channel.& also turn your equalizer off on your music player or mp3 player on your pc during playback.lets see what happens.

about the HD audio manager,all i know is that "rthdcpl.exe is a process belonging to the Realtek HD Audio Control Panel and is bundled alongside Realtek sound cards and audio hardware. This program is a non-essential process, but should not be terminated unless suspected to be causing problems"..............i dont have it anyway.

Well, not much of a change. I'll listen to Fragrant Coit and be content as I get sound from all my speakers during games/music/movies. Maybe I'll get myself a sound card in the near future. But thanks for all the help tubo1. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back