No sound save me

I just reinstalled windows xp twice and still no sound.

My comp info:

Computer: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz

-My mobo is Asus P4P800S

System: Microsoft Windows Xp Professional Version 2002
Service Pack 2 but will download Service Pack 3

-AC '97

-In device manager only thing with Yellow Question Mark is " Multimedia Audio Controller"
I tried download current Realtek driver but it doesn't work.

Someone please help me, if you need any more info I will try to get it.

i dont think i have any audio drivers installed, when i open sounds and audio devices its grayed out. i just reinstalled windows xp. should i download that link you gave me?

ok i dl and installed driver updater. i have alot of out-of-date drivers. it seems to cost money downloading through driver updater. should i list all outdated drivers for you? or do i have to find and install each myself? i dont have money to pay.

I'm having exactly the same problem unfortunatley.

If at all possible, help would be greatly appreciated.

--

Intel Pentium 4 Northwood socket 478 mPGA - 2.53ghz

MoBo: Abit
Model: AI7 Intel i865-ICH5

also have the same problem with Audio Media Controller and the yellow ? etc, not sure where to find other information, sorry.

mcoops maybe you should dl from that link too, showed me alot of what i need, now just need to figure out how to get drivers for free.

ok i dl and installed driver updater. i have alot of out-of-date drivers. it seems to cost money downloading through driver updater. should i list all outdated drivers for you? or do i have to find and install each myself? i dont have money to pay.
Don't pay for any of that. PLUS one often doesn't all the stuff those "paid updaters" show you

1) have you tried the link from techsuitor?

2) If you tried the link and your sound still doesn't work

List any Problem Devices
  • Make sure all your devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
  • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, also let me know
Generate and attach a DirectX report
  • click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
  • In TechSpot, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first click Go Advanced)

@mcoops

You should start a new thread to get help for your specific problem. Please re-post in the audio video forums

Hey techsuitor thank you i appreciate it, i tried everything myself and didn't work. i was going nuts. the first link required account but the 2nd link you gave me work. i tried to dl that driver from the main site asus but was a no go. i hope you and lookinaround get paid for helping ppl.

Hi timgeepo

i hope you and lookinaround get paid for helping ppl.
We're all volunteers on here trying to help :)

2. I'll admit i've always been leery of free Driver Installers - 99% of them usually turned out to be "not-so-free" or a bunch of crap. But I saw mike1959 on these boards suggest DriverEasy several times. And i just checked it out and ran it on my own computer to view its report and interface. I think it;s really worth you checking it out the free version and letting us know

3. If you still have a problem pls post the info requested in my last post

on the first link that i gave , downloading is for free..
You can see the "Please, enter the verification code" and a text box below.
- enter the verification code displayed on the page, then click the blue "download" button.

after it, you will ask to wait for a few moments,.. then your download will appear on the screen in ZIP or RAR.

* that's right everyone here are all volunteers, you're welcome :) ..I don't know if there's anyone who asks for pay,. lol. - but ..

"helping without asking something in return is a great deed "

;)

Back