No video signal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not getting any video signal in Windows XP. Can tell that windows is booting from windows wave file playing upon bootup. Had on-board video, so purchased new video card (GeForce 8600 PCIe). Problem seemed to be fixed when I plugged in new card, video feed worked great, graphics looked awesome; but it only worked for about 4 days, and now computer is doing the same thing...giving me "no signal" on my monitor upon booting up. Wondering if its a motherboard problem or if there may be some other issue?

Have another video card lying around that's compatible (PCI, PCI-E Perhaps)? Did you try the video card in another PC? Did you try another monitor? Sorry, just listing the basic things first.

Tried it in another computer and it worked fine. My concern is that I was having the "no signal" message prior to installing the card; was hoping the on-baord chip i had was the issue, which is why i put the new card in. Basically wondering if anyone can tell me if it sounds like a motherboard issue, or if there would be anything else that would cause the computer to not be sending a video signal. Ive checked all the cables, and checked the monitor on a dif computer and everything seems good with it.

Have you tried plugging into the onboard video? Don't remove the current PCI-E card though. Try plugging into the onboard to see if you get a signal. If there was no usable video device present, the system would do a POST code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back