No Video, two boards same results

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will try to explain this to the best of my ability. I am new here so any suggestions regarding posting would be appreciated. Here goes:

I have built many pc's in the past with success...however, I am doubting myself greatly at this point. In fully upgrading a older pc for a friend, I installed a new mobo, KM3M-V. It powers up perfectly no beep errors, however, no video signal at all. I tried on 2 working monitors. My son's pc, also needed to be hooked up so he can have it when school starts (unhooked due to a recent move). Anyway, his board is a MSI K7N2-L To my horror...I got the same result. My board that I am using now is a Nforce4M-A and works perfectly with both test monitors. I realize all of these boards are different and here is what I have tried so far: I have changed out PSU's on both non vid signal boards (with older untis and less power) and both power up with no problems. I do have the 4 pin cpu power hooked up on both boards (however, on the KMM-V, I had to use an adapter to do so) I have used 3 or 4 different video cards in both non vid pc's and that failed as well. I cannot get to a BIOS screen. there is no signal at all. I have swapped DIMM sticks and made sure everything is connected. My prcessors are also working on both boards. I have cleared the jumpers as well. Both boards hae onboard vid and I have tried using those as well as various (at least 4) video cards. I have been swapping and changing parts for 3 days now and I am desperate to get this resolved. It is fun for a while, but now I find myself on the verge of a fit or simply in tears...lol...If anyone has any ideas at all, please let me know...I would be most grateful and so would everyone in my household who has listened to me whine for 3 days....and the PC Carcuses (at least 7 of them) are not looking very well laying all over the house. Thanks in advance.

So... your board, the nForce4, works fine w/ both test monitors and the two other boards do not? Which video output are you using on your system, VGA or DVI? Most newer model monitors have inputs for both video outputs and can be programmed and/or switched to work with both. Make sure the test monitors are set for use with the correct output.

So... your board, the nForce4, works fine w/ both test monitors and the two other boards do not? Which video output are you using on your system, VGA or DVI? Most newer model monitors have inputs for both video outputs and can be programmed and/or switched to work with both. Make sure the test monitors are set for use with the correct output.

They are all running on VGA Mode. lol...I am delirious...I may just jab a pen in my eye and call it an evening...lol...Thanks.

the 4 pin cpu power hooked up on both boards (however, on the KMM-V, I had to use an adapter to do so)
You are best to replace the Power Supply, to one that actually has this 4pin plug
I'm not sure the adaptor is the best aproach

You have tried:

PowerSupply

Ram?
CPU?
Absolutely everything out?
Fans disconnected? (even CPU fan<- momentarily)
All cables disconnected?
HardDrive Disconnected? (actually everything!)
Bios Reset? (jumper on board)
Keyboard/Mouse Disconnected (everything, except Monitor and power)

Anything else diconnected and/or swapped?

Motherboard out?
ie following Benchtest idea

Okay everything out...did not work either...I replaced everything one at a time...It was the oddest thing, I did not receive any beep codes (even with the memory out) until I put in a different CPU (momentarily) then I got the beep code...so, I put the original processor back, and it posted, everything started...and still no video, check signal

I thought of another idea (some days take longer than others!)

Plug in another Video card (PCI-E or AGP or just plain ol' PCI)
You never know :rolleyes:

LOL..I know what you mean about some days taking longer than others ;) I have tried at least 4 other boards...AGP and PCI...I just have an odd feeling it is just a capacitor or some such on the mobo...I have tried everything...frankly, I may just toss it out of the damn window...I do know one thing...I am not impressed with the KM3M V...It was still sealed in the box...I know it has been out for a while, perhaps even retired...but I have never had this much trouble before..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back