Noisy Northbridge Fan MSI K8N Neo4 Plat

Status
Not open for further replies.

mturbo23

Hi

After designing a quiet system i have recently noticed that the northbridge fan on my MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum motherboard is getting increasing noisy.

I would like to swap it for a silent/quiet solution, i was thinking maybe the Zalman NB47J.

However due to its location this becomes very difficult as it is located right next to the PCI express graphics card, with only limited clearance.

What do you suggest? as i was considering trying to modify the zalman cooler or possible remove the exisiting fan and replace it with another, possibly larger fan mounted else where.

To replace it you will need to completely dismantle your pc as the screws or clips that hold it in place are usually only accessible from the back of the mobo.

That is no problem I am willing to do that to shut the thing up!

I just want somehting quiet as it is the loudest part of the system!

Thanks...

A friend of mine had the exact same problem last week, he went to his local maplin and got a new cooler for about £6 ish. Im not %100 sure but i think it is a zalman, It looks good as it is blue lit and is far quieter than his original fan ever was.

I have just purchased the blue Zalman cooler mentioned before and going to see how i get on, possibly have to remove some of the fins.

Will try and post the results when complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back