Nokia enters netbook market with Booklet 3G

By Jos
Aug 24, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. We’ve been hearing rumors about a Nokia netbook for some months now, but today the Finnish company has actually made it official with the “Booklet 3G” — a stylish Intel/Microsoft-based netbook that promises an ambitious 12-hour battery life, a weight of just 2.75 pounds, and the kind of extras you would expect from a cell phone manufacturer.

Read the whole story
  2. VonDisco

VonDisco Newcomer, in training Posts: 19

Ooh looks very snazzy!
    If only I could justify actually needing one haha
  3. Algoz

Algoz Newcomer, in training Posts: 20

So, its USP is the 3G/SIM slot. Sorry, but its gonna need a lot more to differentiate itself in a crowded market. Used to be that Nokia was at the leading edge, setting de facto standards, great design (hardware and interface), a market leader. This looks like a market catcher upper.....
    ....unless I've missed something!
  4. tengeta

tengeta TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 632

Its not the fanciest in the hardware department, but it looks damn good.
    If the 12 hour battery life is real that should be considered pretty impressive as well. And as far as I know this would be the first hot-swappable netbook for when you get fed up with a specific service provider.
  5. JudaZ

JudaZ TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 292

hmm interseting .. finally a netbook I could actually think to buy
  6. vineel

vineel Newcomer, in training

oh!
    this is what i am crazy about. This looks cool, a good start in the class
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.