TechSpot

Non-stop BSODs on Win7 Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

By Arris1
Mar 15, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Alright,

So every time I boot up my PC and login AS SOON as I login, or within 5 seconds I get a BSOD, I've been trying to access the minidumps but with no luck so far, this is all I could pull out.

What do you guys recommend? I know it's not a memory issue because I already swapped out the mem with new ones and it works fine.

Thanks!

I was able to get in to the drive and pull out the minidumps before it crashed again

*EDIT* I've been trying to get in there and do a repair installation but I can't b/c it won't load up w/o giving me a BSOD. I REALLY would like to avoid doing a clean install b/c I have so many files in there that need to be backed up and such. It would just be a real big headache.

In addition I get the BSOD even when booting up in safemode
    A

Attached Files:

2. yowanvista

yowanvista TS Rookie Posts: 82

Please remove any CD virtualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%. They use a driver, found in your dmp, sptd.sys, that caused BSODs. Use this SPTD uninstaller when you're done: http://www.duplexsecure.com/en/downloads
    You can use MagicDisc as an alternative.

Code:
    BugCheck A, {8, 2, 0, fffff800030d1e99}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\sptd.sys, Win32 error 0n2
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for sptd.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for sptd.sys
    Probably caused by : ataport.SYS ( ataport!IdeCompleteScsiIrp+62 )

3. Arris1

Arris1 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I was able to get in there and uninstall daemon while in safemode, but when I boot up in regular mode it now just freezes as soon as I login, no BSOD currently.

I ran malware and virus checks last night both came up negative.

just kidding now im getting one caused by mouclass.sys I'll try and get a whole new batch of dumps shortly

there you go

Attached Files:

• 1.zip
      File size:
      166.2 KB
      Views:
    • 2.zip
      File size:
      103.4 KB
      Views:
  4. craniumrat

craniumrat TS Rookie

Hi,

I checked some of the dumps, and they're pointing all over the place... mouse, ataport, win2k, etc...

I am not sure if it's possible to identify exactly where the issue is.. My best is either 1) Windows is corrupt, or 2) Hardware issues...

I highly recommend reinstalling windows & seeing if that fixes up the problem.

CraniumRat.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.