Non-stop BSODs on Win7 Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

By Arris1
Mar 15, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Alright,

So every time I boot up my PC and login AS SOON as I login, or within 5 seconds I get a BSOD, I've been trying to access the minidumps but with no luck so far, this is all I could pull out.

What do you guys recommend? I know it's not a memory issue because I already swapped out the mem with new ones and it works fine.

I was able to get in to the drive and pull out the minidumps before it crashed again

*EDIT* I've been trying to get in there and do a repair installation but I can't b/c it won't load up w/o giving me a BSOD. I REALLY would like to avoid doing a clean install b/c I have so many files in there that need to be backed up and such. It would just be a real big headache.

In addition I get the BSOD even when booting up in safemode

Attached Files:

2. yowanvista

yowanvista TS Rookie Posts: 82

Please remove any CD virtualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%. They use a driver, found in your dmp, sptd.sys, that caused BSODs. Use this SPTD uninstaller when you're done:
    You can use MagicDisc as an alternative.

BugCheck A, {8, 2, 0, fffff800030d1e99}
    Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\sptd.sys, Win32 error 0n2
    *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for sptd.sys
    *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for sptd.sys
    Probably caused by : ataport.SYS ( ataport!IdeCompleteScsiIrp+62 )
  3. Arris1

Arris1 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I was able to get in there and uninstall daemon while in safemode, but when I boot up in regular mode it now just freezes as soon as I login, no BSOD currently.

I ran malware and virus checks last night both came up negative.

just kidding now im getting one caused by mouclass.sys I'll try and get a whole new batch of dumps shortly

there you go

Attached Files:

File size:
      166.2 KB
      File size:
      103.4 KB
  4. craniumrat

craniumrat TS Rookie

I checked some of the dumps, and they're pointing all over the place... mouse, ataport, win2k, etc...

I am not sure if it's possible to identify exactly where the issue is.. My best is either 1) Windows is corrupt, or 2) Hardware issues...

I highly recommend reinstalling windows & seeing if that fixes up the problem.