Norton and McAfee 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
You want support to read a review on Norton ?!
Please don't answer with trash talk if you hadn't read it.

It's a contradiction of any support member to read someone's review on Norton (even McAfee) and then try to advise you from that (added knowledge !)

Well, I skimmed through it, laughed a bit, then had to reply.

Don't use Norton (too many reasons to say, just trust me :cool: )
As for McAfee, well if you don't mind halving the speed of your computer! Go for it.

It will be interesting to read other's replies, especially technically experienced ones

No i was wondering if it was okay due to test results at av-comparatives and this review.

and yes i know these are bad but i wanted an opinion. i never said anyone had to have it and i really don't want anyone to have it.

You want support to read a review on Norton ?!

It's a contradiction of any support member to read someone's review on Norton (even McAfee) and then try to advise you from that (added knowledge !)

Well, I skimmed through it, laughed a bit, then had to reply.

Don't use Norton (too many reasons to say, just trust me :cool: )
As for McAfee, well if you don't mind halving the speed of your computer! Go for it.

It will be interesting to read other's replies, especially technically experienced ones

Wrong and Right, my friend

Norton is a very good product, protects well and has good features
Norton also has new features which improves system performance, idle scanning and not scanning trusted programs and also a dedicated place in the program for the impact on your systems performance.

I used it and i was very impressed for how far the program had came, unless you have like 256mb of ram give it a try!

The good:
Norton Internet Security 2009 has a leaner footprint, improved speed, white listing and other technologies to mark clean files as trusted, and free technical support.

As for mcafee it's rubbish and yes it does slow your system down, no change whatsoever!

Wrong and Right, my friend

Norton is a very good product, protects well and has good features
Norton also has new features which improves system performance, idle scanning and not scanning trusted programs and also a dedicated place in the program for the impact on your systems performance.

I used it and i was very impressed for how far the program had came, unless you have like 256mb of ram give it a try!

The good:
Norton Internet Security 2009 has a leaner footprint, improved speed, white listing and other technologies to mark clean files as trusted, and free technical support.

As for mcafee it's rubbish and yes it does slow your system down, no change whatsoever!

Interesting post, i would love to see other's posts about these

Mcafee

McAfee is the greatest in my book.

I haven't had any problems.

I have been using McAfee for years, a great product!

My home computers have never been compromised in anyway.

Keep up the good work McAfee.

I love ya!!!!

The thing is people have probably used the earlier versions 2005 etc.

Where the program hogs your system but over the years people have complained and companies have changed their programs to fit this.

So most of the people saying that Norton and Mcafee are crap are the ones that haven't tryed the newer ones :D

Jim if your using norton 2009 right now can you tell me how many viruses it contains in it database?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back