TechSpot

Norton Antivirus 2004 BOOTLEG

By lowman
Feb 22, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Here's one for you all...I purchased NAV2004 from a vendor that I have used MANY times in the past. I installed it, worked fine, but when I did the online registration, I kept getting an error that I had exceeded the numberof installs for that product. I was given a number for Symantec, so I called them, and was told I had a counterfeit copy of the software. Symantec demanded I return it to them, and the vendor wants it back if I am to receive a refund...unbelievable stuff. Anyway, I had to pull teeth to get the vendor to get me a prepaid RMA label through UPS - I didn't think I should have to shell out any money to return it, whether they would reimburse me or not. Anyway...the order that this software was part of was over 2 grand...and this vendor gave me so muich of a hassle about the return and the refund, I have decided to take my business elsewhere...it just seems that companies don't feel like doing the right thing anymore...damn shame...:dead:

2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 8,165

I hope you gave the name of that vendor to Symantec!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.