TechSpot

Norton releases cloud-based password manager Identity Safe

By Shawn Knight
Apr 24, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Norton is going head-to-head with AgileBits' 1Password with a new password manager of their own. Identity Safe is a cloud-based program that manages and generates new passwords for the user...

Read the whole story

2. You can also simply use KeePass, and use the app for your Android/IOS, and use DropBox to keep the Datafile updated on all your devices.

3. Of course, if this gets popular enough it will be at least somewhat compromised like pretty much every popular entity on the net.

4. I use RoboForm because I trust those guys, plus I love the robot icon

5. Nima304

Nima304 TS Enthusiast Posts: 306   +37

Norton can't make a good anti virus program to secure our computers, how can we expect them to do a better job securing their servers? You shouldn't even need this service if you aren't a ******* that makes passwords then forgets them. Write it down somewhere for a couple of weeks, and you should be able to recall it from memory by then. Services like this are erotic to hackers, imagine all of those passwords stored in one location.

6. I have installed this and it works very well and for free as well. thanks Norton.

7. PS the only problem is with Firefox as they update it keeps cutting Norton off so I have to use explorer or Google chrome. Firefox is becoming a pain in the *** of late. Anyone else having problems with Firefox.

8. Let me think about this? They are breking into the credit companies, our banks , our credit cards lets give em something else to break into to help them. I think this is a dumb idea

9. Same here. I finally got it to work with ff 13, and then they upgrade to ver 14 and it won't work again. So it's back to chrome.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.