TechSpot

NTFS permissions

By kipale
Jan 14, 2010
  1. Hello world,

I just started work with a big folder's permission-hierarcy in a windows domain. I got pretty much everything okay, but I have ran into one problem. There's a folder where I have ownership and I'm set as 'full control', but then inside that folder there are some other folders that do not inherit my superior control over them. In fact I can't even see those folders, they are hidden from me. Is there a way to list a folder's contents if I am owner and full administrator of that folder? I mean despite the subfolders not having me in their permissions list. Also can I somehow change the subfolder's permissions? I think the owner of the folder can somehow change the subfolders permissions, but since I can't even see them I can't reach their security settings. There is the "force parent folder permissions on subfolders" option, but I don't want to overwrite and ruin the whole permission hierarcy inside the folder.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.