Nv4_disp.dll BSOD when starting Rift, fixes don't work

I get the well known nv4_disp.dll error blue screen when starting up the MMORPG Rift. I zipped my minidumps in the attached file. My nVidia driver is up to date and I tried every single fix I could find, none helped. Oblivion worked fine, so do other relatively PC intensive games. Yes, I have updated my drivers and my DirectX.

Here are my system speculations:
Time of this report: 7/18/2011, 20:59:22
Machine name: ADSPC
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.100216-1441)
Language: English (Regional Setting: Dutch)
System Manufacturer: VIA
System Model: K7VT4APro
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2500+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.5GHz
Memory: 1024MB RAM
Page File: 311MB used, 2150MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: None
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode
Now here is the strange part: Whenever I start Rift (Windowed Mode) and I open task manager, so the task manager window is active and the game window is in the background, the graphics load and I can see the 3d graphics (Fire, smoke, magic stuff). However, if I click inside the window and try to play, I get the blue screen.

Please help, I'm out of options.
Thanks in advance, and I hope we can find a solution!

Attachments

• Minidumps.zip
    130.6 KB · Views: 3
I understand your sense of urgency Zimano, but there's no reason to bump the thread after an hour. It might take a day or more before someone chimes in -- especially considering Route44 (our resident BSOD sleuth) is on vacation. Be patient and rest assured that if someone has advice, they'll offer it.

I don't know if your issue has been resolved yet or what other advice that you have already tried but...

1. Update your system to Service Pack 3.

2. Open your side panel on your case and if there is dust build-up please clean.

3. Tell us about your video card.

Back