TechSpot

nVIDIA Detonator Series

By duku
Feb 15, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I want to know the difference between the Detonator drivers, i.m. I've found a leaked beta 16.30 (supporting Win2k/XP), although I lnew that 21.81 was the first XP Detonator... I read somewhere that 1X.XX serie is supporting mainly TNT2, and the 2X.XX is for GeForces. But officially the only Detonators are from 2X serie.

As a TNT2 owner, I am confused. What should I do? To update to latest Detonators (for improved compatibility and reliabilty with apps), to stick with older 12.XX (latest approved by nVIDIA) or to try leaked betas of 1X (and I want to ask what's the use for those?) ?

As of now, I use for 3 weeks Detonator 16.30 and doesn't gives me any errors...

If anyone could give me some advices/ideas, I'll be most grateful...
  2. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

Might as well stick with those. It's mostly a matter of trying out which one works best for you...
  3. duku

duku TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 41

Re: Re: nVIDIA Detonator Series

You're right, but I want to hear other people experience.

If someone could explain me the "story" of detonators :confused:
  4. Laser Eyes

Laser Eyes TS Rookie Posts: 17

5. duku

duku TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 41

See, the problem was when I've installed 21.83 WHQL drivers and Quake 3 starts to look fuzzy, mixed textures, distorted meshes. I've found that nVidia introduced with this version a new OpenGL ICD (1.2.2 I think) which seems to don't work properly with TNT's. When I've returned to 12.41 WHQL, the problem dissapears, so I've assumed it were the drivers. I didn't try other 2X version, mainly because I've heard that rumour which I mentioned in my earlier post (1X for TNT2, 2X for GeForces). Then I've found the leaked 16.30, which kind of confirm this theory...

The tweakersasylum.com in-depth analysis is very useful, indeed, but for me not quite so, because it doesn't use my old crappy video card :(

If there are any more TNT2 users on this forum (which I really don't think so :) ), please give a suggestion...
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.