Nvidia quietly releases GeForce GT 520 card

By Jos
Apr 13, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Nvidia has quietly added a new member to its GeForce 500 series of graphics cards: the GeForce GT 520. The card takes the place as the lowest cost DirectX 11 GPU in Nvidia's product line-up at around $60 -- on par with the AMD Radeon HD 6450 -- and is also being billed as a replacement for integrated graphics and suitable for HTPC systems.

Read the whole story
  2. Win7Dev

Win7Dev TechSpot Booster Posts: 351   +38

I was hoping to see a little better performance for this. I would rather stick with amd/ati for the better speed in computing. This is really just a tiny step above integrated. It might give you a lot better performance across two monitors, but forget it for a single monitor. Just my opinion.
  3. This card is not so good compared to the “Radeon HD 5670” for $90 USD. The “GT 520” only benchmarks at 375 on passmark.com. The “Radeon HD 5670” benchmarks at 1247. That is a huge difference in performance for me and worth the extra 30 dollars. I think it would be a waste to buy the “GT 520” unless it was under $30 USD and didn’t go over 30 degrees Celsius lol

-Tuan
  4. fpsgamerJR62

fpsgamerJR62 Newcomer, in training Posts: 489

If the GT 520 is slower than the older GT 430 then the DDR3-variant of AMD's HD 4650 would probably be a better performer at this price point, depending of course on its availability.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.