TechSpot

Nvidia quietly releases GeForce GT 520 card

By Jos
Apr 13, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Nvidia has quietly added a new member to its GeForce 500 series of graphics cards: the GeForce GT 520. The card takes the place as the lowest cost DirectX 11 GPU in Nvidia's product line-up at around $60 -- on par with the AMD Radeon HD 6450 -- and is also being billed as a replacement for integrated graphics and suitable for HTPC systems.

Read the whole story

2. Win7Dev

Win7Dev TS Evangelist Posts: 560   +172

I was hoping to see a little better performance for this. I would rather stick with amd/ati for the better speed in computing. This is really just a tiny step above integrated. It might give you a lot better performance across two monitors, but forget it for a single monitor. Just my opinion.

3. This card is not so good compared to the “Radeon HD 5670” for $90 USD. The “GT 520” only benchmarks at 375 on passmark.com. The “Radeon HD 5670” benchmarks at 1247. That is a huge difference in performance for me and worth the extra 30 dollars. I think it would be a waste to buy the “GT 520” unless it was under $30 USD and didn’t go over 30 degrees Celsius lol

-Tuan

4. fpsgamerJR62

fpsgamerJR62 TS Rookie Posts: 489

If the GT 520 is slower than the older GT 430 then the DDR3-variant of AMD's HD 4650 would probably be a better performer at this price point, depending of course on its availability.