TechSpot

Nvidia releases GTX 580M, 570M mobile graphics chips

By Matthew
Jun 28, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Nvidia has announced two new mobile graphics chips, including a successor to last year's flagship, the GeForce GTX 480M. The GeForce GTX 580M represents the company's fastest consumer notebook GPU…

Read the whole story

2. How do you SLI a mobile graphics card?

3. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,716

They put 2 GPUs in. I would assume they're on the same PCB much like a dual gpu card on PC, but I may be wrong about that specific point.

4. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,909   +716

5. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,059   +76

I am not sure one would want to place on their lap a notebook carrying two of these, so mobility will only be restricted to 'portability' from one table to another one.

6. dividebyzero

Just make sure the table is near an AC outlet !

7. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,059   +76

I remember few years ago casings containing VapoChill cooling solutions were being shown around with in-built compressor for keeping things cool. Although I am not sure it can be implemented in mobile platforms.

8. njoro magic

njoro magic TS Rookie

good that is why ihave always prefered NVIDIA clea pictures giving u that real image and look now NVIDIA has advanced geting bigger & better

9. dividebyzero

Hate to break the news to you, but getting bigger in the mobile segment isn't advancement.

10. Zeromus

Zeromus TS Enthusiast Posts: 231   +7

As if you had a choice to decide you would use SLI.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.