Nvidia releases WHQL-certified 270.61 GeForce drivers

By Matthew
Apr 18, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Nvidia has released the first 270-family GeForce drivers with Microsoft's blessings. The WHQL-certified 270.61 update is largely comprised of the changes we saw in the previous 270.51 beta, including a massive 241% to 516% performance optimization for GTX 560 Ti and GTX 580 owners running Dragon Age II with specific high quality settings.

Read the whole story
  2. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +90

Great. Have the beta installed... Updating now. :)
  3. Has anybody burned out their graphics card with these drivers yet?
  4. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,264   +41

Not me, because I'm not using a beta driver from nvidia any time soon after the vga's blowing up.
  5. I did install the new nvidia drivers but then BSOD showed up leaving my computer useless, didnt even enter Windows. Made a fresh install of windows 7 64 bit tried to install the drivers again, thought it was a conflict with the old drivers but same thing. People beware of installing this update!!
  6. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

I ran the beta 270.51 for a while now, and upgraded to this. Hadn't seen any issues, and I've been taxing my 460 with about 2 gigs of Fallout 3 graphics mods. Maybe newer cards have problems.
  7. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,788   +639

New driver "problems", regardless of whether AMD or Nvidia tend to affect the Guest account "contributors" graphics cards exponentially more than those of registered forum members as a matter of course.
  8. backo

backo TechSpot Member Posts: 58   +8

Installed the new driver yesterday - no problems what so ever!
    I am running a GTX 560 Ti.
  9. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,867   +74

I installed them and they burned my cards right up! They should tell you that they don't work with AMD cards....I'm livid I tells ya ....livid!
  10. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,788   +639

So much for unified drivers !...obviously 270.61 is not that unified.

Might be an isolated incident....I'll try updating the HD3000 graphics on this 2600K I've got here....fingers crossed.
  11. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,867   +74

:haha:
    Thats the spirit! okay The Chef's on board!...who else?...who else?

....now if we can get the linux drivers installed for the K2600.....oh rats

12. Mizzou

Mizzou TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 930

Well, I installed these drivers yesterday and got a BSOD this morning waking the system up from sleep mode. Rolled back to 267.91 and everything appears to be normal again, guess I'll wait for the next release or hotfix.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.