TechSpot

Nvidia Shield sales off to a great start, CEO says

By Shawn Knight
Aug 12, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. It’s still too early to know for sure if Nvidia’s Shield portable gaming console will sink or swim but according to CEO Jen-Hsun Huang, it’s off to a great start. The outspoken chief admitted as much during a recent conference...

Read more
  2. Price point is still too high IMO, if I can connect a blue-tooth controller to my quad core cell phone, then plug a TV into my HDMI output, I'm still able to access thousands of games via Google Play on a large screen. They're pushing these sales so hard I saw an NVidia salesman at Microcenter (Although I do agree with the concept of educating curious passer-by's).
  3. treetops

treetops TS Evangelist Posts: 1,665   +57

4. Littleczr

Littleczr TS Booster Posts: 371   +69

It's too complicated that way. The average Joe want's plug and play. Just look at the iphone, how many phones do you still see out there with a querty keyboard?. The I phone is just easy. Not saying nvidia shield is perfect put it's not bad.
  5. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 6,932   +899

If it was $100, I would be interested.
  6. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,025   +735

That's Huang speak for managing to sell the 50 units they've shipped so far. At the price they want I wouldn't be too confident about the next 50.
  7. The fact that Nvidia did not go ALL IN on this product shows just how much confidence they have in it. This is not some small start-up company wanting to get into the gaming industry. If they really believed in it, you would see commercials,billboards, and other adverts all over the place. It would be a household name before it was even released.

This is nothing more than them "testing the waters" .

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.