TechSpot

Nvidia's GeForce Experience PC game optimizer enters open beta

By Matthew
Jan 24, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Nvidia has opened the doors on its GeForce Experience after letting thousands of users hammer on it over the last month. Announced last April and introduced as a closed beta in December, the PC game optimizer aims to help players...

Read more
  2. Littleczr

Littleczr TechSpot Booster Posts: 370   +69

When I tried it about 2 months ago it was horrid, but now it seems they have mad improvements. What I like is that it makes it really convenient by consolidating all your game settings in one application.
  3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,977   +730

Yeah it was very raw. I uninstalled it quicker than I installed it. Trying the new beta now. Seems to be a vast improvement. I Don't think really need it myself but giving it the look-see doesn't do any harm.
  4. Littleczr

Littleczr TechSpot Booster Posts: 370   +69

Just tried it with BF3 man was I playing with the completely wrong settings. I have the u2711 and it recommended a new field of view turned off some features but kept me at 2560 by 1440 and I get super fast frame rates is like a new game.
  5. Skidmarksdeluxe

2560 x 1440? Man! and I thought 640 x 480 was too high for my GTX 690's in SLI :D
    Littleczr likes this.
  6. psycros

psycros TechSpot Booster Posts: 697   +212

How does the Geforce Experience supercomputer test "thousands of hardware configurations" for games? Emulation? If so, could those results really be trustworthy?
  7. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,825   +1,436

I think the game vs application compatibility is determined by all the beta testers, I could be wrong though.

It's my understanding that this application is for those who would not know how to manually set their game-play environment. I take it the application is for setting hardware to a generic configuration based on hardware specs, that would be most suitable to the average person. If I am looking at it correctly, the application only offers recommended settings but yet still allows for tweaking if you are not yet satisfied. But then if you are willing on manually tweaking anyway, why install this application at all?
  8. Skidmarksdeluxe

I don't suppose it's for the truly discerning gamer who knows his craft, installs the game then sets about tweaking, adjusting & benchmarking for the next month before he decides to try the 1st chapter of the game only to find he has to fine tune his settings some more which could possibly take a further fortnight. Realistically it's for the 10000's of gamer's who simply install the game & want to play immediately. I kinda like the approach nVidia is taking. It tells me they haven't forsaken pc gaming. If fact they see a future for it Why else would they spend copious amounts of money?
  9. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TechSpot Guru Posts: 802   +87

I think most people overestimate their rigs and wind up having choppy or inconsistent performance.

This definitely makes the games run at a solid 60fps, but it disables some cool things you probably bought your graphics card for supporting, like physx and ambient occlusion. Well, at least it does for me on a single gtx480 at 2560x1600 on Batman Arkham City
  10. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,869   +889

I dont see any use for this
  11. kynham

kynham Newcomer, in training

The Nvidia Geforce Experience MY RIG is not correctly detecting my total memory. DXDIAG shows almost 33 Gb of RAM whereas MY RIG only shows 16 Gb. I can't believe everyone is overlooking this fatal error since the Experience suppose to optimize your games.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.