OC an Athlon X2 4200 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

red1776

Hi folks,
im new here so if this has been covered under an previous thread my apologies. Im trying to hold on to my ageing system a little longer ( until I see How AMD responds to the latest drubbing from intel) before i start my 'enthusiast' build. anyway im replacing my single core amd 64 3400+Venice with an x2 4200+ toledo. The mobo in this thing was ' proprioritized' by Hp and and has no bios control for whatsoever for voltage. My problem is that i want to OC this x2 4200 to 2.7ghz or more if i can get it. which is going to take a .10 - .15v shot of juice as far as i can tell. I software my fsb, htt, multis, mem timings etc, but im stuck on the voltage access.
anyone have any ideas on software or pinmod configs to get the voltage i need for this OC? and anyone have any experience with the x2 4200? Im running my athlon 64 3400 2.2ghz @ 2.5 ghz on stock voltage, might I expect to get that at least out my x2 4200?
any help would be greatly appreciated.

asus A8N-LA / 4 GB A-Data PC3200-dual channel/ athlon 3400+2.2@2.5ghz(bieng replaced with athlon x2 4200+ toledo 2.2ghz) Zalman 7000 cu/ ati radeon 3780/

Forget about overclocking the CPU and try to maximize the system RAM. I doubt if the lesser Asus motherboard will accept more than 2GB of system RAM.

thanks for the response Tmajic.
the mobo is a good one , its just been nuetered by hp with the lack of control. it takes 4gb ram, thats what im running now (in dual channel). been a while since i posted this thread and since then i found software that gave me access to the voltage,fsb,pci bus etc. i currently have it running with 4gb ram @ 3-3-3-6 and at 2.65ghz and my pcie bus oc'd. been stressed tested to the hilt. Decided to make this one a project and build a new one in the spring and im getting some really amazing performance out of this thing.

Tmajic, interested in your opinion

thanks Tmajic,
Thats interesting. I would be interested in why your not an asus fan as im currently trying to figure out components im going to use for my next build. If you could take a minute, could you let me know what you dont like about asus? maybe i can avoid a rebuild, lol

Thanks for the posts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back