TechSpot

OCZ unveils RevoDrive 3 and RevoDrive Hybrid

By Matthew
May 31, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. As rumored last week, OCZ has unveiled its latest RevoDrive at Computex today. Packing dual SandForce SF-2281 controllers (the same chip in the Vertex 3), the RevoDrive 3 touts read…

Read the whole story

2. herpaderp

herpaderp TS Enthusiast Posts: 159

Haha, that hybrid drive looks like such a low-tech cobbling of random spare drives and circuit boards it's laughable. Hope they put an enclosure or something on it to make it look more professional.

Anyways, those are some amazing numbers for the RD3 X2 model. I'd love to have one to test, but I'd probably have little use for its performance besides benchmarking to enhance mah epeen ;)

3. Steve

Steve TechSpot Staff Posts: 1,463   +508 Staff Member

Its an internal hard drive I don't think it needs a cover :S I cannot wait to check the RevoDrive 3 out, should be a real weapon.

4. Yeah god forbid it doesn't look professional..cause then its definitely worthless. That reminds me of apple for some reason..

Whats laughable herpaderp is you probably don't even know how to solder much less engineer an entire storage device (or any piece of computer hardware) yet you're critiquing and making fun of a product before its even available based on a single picture...

Hahaha at the people thinking they are experts by seeing a single picture of something and judging it before its even been real-world tested..but then again thats why you have an account and are commenting on techspot right?..ha ha ha..

5. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,968   +738

I'll hold out for a half Tb version of the Z-Drive R4

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.