Odd laptop problem (White lines of death)

By Pink
Nov 12, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Hey guys,

Recently i've been having some problems with my laptop: AMD Turion X2 Ultra Dual Core Mobile ZM-80 2.1 ghz, 4gb Ram, Windows 7 Ultimate, ATI Radeon HD 3200 series.

When i have my battery charger connected and i connect my HDMI cable, the laptop crashes. sometimes it gives me a white lines like screen, sometimes it just turns off.... but the HDMI works if it's connected alone without the Charger (and vice versa).

Can you guys help me out? i have to work with this laptop and it's giving me a major headache plus workplace problems...

Thanks a lot guys!
  2. Pink

Pink TechSpot Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 127

Bump

Anyone can help?
  3. monkeychef23

monkeychef23 TechSpot Member Posts: 88

I'm not the most experienced person ever, but I do have 2 ideas.

The first is to reinstall your operating system. You would have either gotten a disc with the computer or their should be a recovery partition on the hard drive. Just remember to back up all your files that you want to keep. I know this solved a problem with black lines on some laptops (it worked on my dad's).

It could also be some type of power problem, but I don't know how you would go about fixing that.

Hopefully this response has either helped you/gotten more tech savvy people mad about my solutions, therefore giving you a better one.
  4. Pink

Pink TechSpot Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 127

Lol thanks for the solutions man.

Reinstalling the operating system is not posible ATM, and i don't think it's a software problem since the laptop runs fine in safe mode.

I was thinking it's a power problem too, since it only crashes when i connect the power cable (even without the batter connected)...

Thanks though!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.