TechSpot

Opera 10.10 launches with Unite sharing technology

By Jos
Nov 23, 2009
  1. It has been quite some time since Opera promised to "reinvent the web" with Unite, but the feature has finally been rolled into the latest version of its free browser. For those who missed the announcement back in June, Unite basically turns any computer into both a client and a server, allowing things like file transfer, media streaming and photo sharing without having to resort to third party websites or applications.

Read the whole story

2. jtickner1

jtickner1 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 663

Yay, go Opera.
    Had a play around with the music sharing aspect of Unite today with a friend, seems pretty cool. Nothing I'd use often but it's there if I ever need it.

I meant to see if I could stream my media on my PS3 using Unite but I forgot and I'm going to bed now :D

3. Drasius

Drasius TS Rookie

Opera is one of the best browsers. There is allot add-ons for it. And with Opera Unit service you will be able share your photo, files, stream your music anywhere. Chat with your friends in any device that support any browser. Ant you can win things by creating add-ons for Opera Unit.
    I love Opera. :D

4. lupinnktp

lupinnktp TS Rookie Posts: 44

this Unite feature might juz be the pull factor over Firefox for some users like me :) Opera is sleek and all, but there is little to hate about Firefox. and the inertia is always there for users.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.