Opera 10 moves into third beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin

Generally, any attention on browsers these days is aimed at the big names, Firefox and Internet Explorer, with a sprinkling of affection for Safari every now and then. We can't forget the little guys in that, however, and the long-lived Opera remains in this category. Today Opera has pushed out a new beta of their upcoming version 10 browser, after a successful round of tests and user feedback that enabled them to move forward with the next stage of development.

Beta 3 introduces a handful of new features, with a lot of attention on the user interface and mechanical functionality of the browser. They're also citing stability improvements, something anyone can appreciate. One feature intentionally left out is Opera Unite, a relatively quiet technology that is intended to provide for “inter-browser” communication, an extension of social networking.

If you're an Opera fan or like to try out new browsers, check Opera 10 Beta 3 out yourself at their site.

Permalink to story.

I am on Opera fan. I am using Beta 3 now! Pretty much the same as Beta 2 unless you go hunting for or already use the features that have been updated.

I like that it updates itself now rather than requiring the user to install over the old version.

SNGX1275 said:
I like that it updates itself now rather than requiring the user to install over the old version.
I like that also but for some reason mine wouldn't connect. So I had to download the exe anyway.

I don't like that it updates itself automatically now.
I prefer requiring the user to install over the old version.
Also i prefer the "duplicate" function on tabs in the old opera version. Is very useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back