1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Opera 10 moves into third beta

By Justin ยท 6 replies
Aug 13, 2009
  1. Generally, any attention on browsers these days is aimed at the big names, Firefox and Internet Explorer, with a sprinkling of affection for Safari every now and then. We can\'t forget the little guys in that, however, and the long-lived Opera remains in this category. Today Opera has pushed out a new beta of their upcoming version 10 browser, after a successful round of tests and user feedback that enabled them to move forward with the next stage of development.

Read the whole story

2. skitzo_zac

skitzo_zac TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 418

I am on Opera fan. I am using Beta 3 now! Pretty much the same as Beta 2 unless you go hunting for or already use the features that have been updated.

3. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,722   +405

I like that it updates itself now rather than requiring the user to install over the old version.

4. jtickner1

jtickner1 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 650

I like that also but for some reason mine wouldn't connect. So I had to download the exe anyway.

5. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,722   +405

lol, worked fine for me. Guess you got unlucky.

6. I don't like that it updates itself automatically now.
    I prefer requiring the user to install over the old version.
    Also i prefer the "duplicate" function on tabs in the old opera version. Is very useful.

7. But the duplicate tab feature is present. I even tried it out.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.