opinion on NeverWinter Nights 2 pc requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

apaullo

guys i wanna know your opinion on these specs if it can run neverwinter nights with less lag or possibly no lag at all :)

p5GV-MX mobo
512 ddr memory
Nvidia 7600 gs video card
80gig SATA HDD

i know some of u may say that ill check it on sites if if can be done...but i still have to buy the video card...if ur opinions can guarantee that this video card can power the NVN thats the time ill buy the video card hehehe...

Neverwinter Nights 1?

Ya that card shouldnt have any probs i'm aware of.

NN runs even with an onboard Intel 848 gfx chipset, not well, but its playable. So you shouldnt have any probs.

512 is minimum and 1 Gig is recommended. After reading many forums I wouldn't go anything less than a Gig of RAM. It is also recommended to have a good CPU. Your video card should do fine.

This game sure does make its demands on hardware.

sure does demand a hell of a requirement..

btw i have a 3.0 p4 processor...

if i have a gig of memory i should play just fine? possibly with no lags at all??

hope it can..

Probably won't run very smoothly unless you set graphics settings to low. The game is graphically very demanding.

I have GeForce 7600GS too (for now) and the 1.0 version of the game was almost unplayable at 1280x720, quite low settings. The latest patches have made improvements in rendering speed, but it's still quite slow.

waaaahh!!

thats too much!

i only have a budget for 7600GS...does radeon has a counterpart for 7600GS? if so, is it better than 7600GS? i hope they have the same price range :(

I personally would spend the money and get another stick of 512 RAM to upgrade to 1 Gig. Try it with your current video card. The thing I have been reading time and again on the net is that people with varying hardware configurations are getting varying results and some of the lower end recommended systems are doing better (!) than some of the the high end rigs.

Just turn off the "Shiny Water" (I'm serious) option and lower some of the resolutions and I think you should be fine.

yep im planning to add another 512 memory on my cpu..

what im concerned is with maybe after i bought the video card, i will find out it wont run on NWN2...

do any of you guys have any idea on RADEON's answer to 7600GS? one that can outmatch the latter with the same price of corz

:)

thanks!

thanks to all who read and replied to this topic...i think ill go with the x1650 pro if its available here...

thanks again!

Go to this link and test if your system can handle that game xD

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/bonus/a/register/t/analysis.tmpl

Heres my result for my 1 year old PC

CPU
Minimum: Pentium 4 2.5 GHz or Athlon XP 2000+ or better
You Have: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+
PASS
CPU Speed
Minimum: Athlon CPUs require a performance rating of 2.0 GHz
You Have: 2.20 GHz Performance Rated at 3.50 GHz
PASS
System RAM
Minimum: 512 MB
You Have: 1022.5 MB
PASS
Operating System
Minimum: Windows XP
You Have: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
PASS
Video Card
Minimum: 128 MB DirectX 9.0c compatible Video card with Pixel Shader 2.0 (ATI 9700 Pro+ or NVIDIA 6600+ or better)
You Have: Radeon X1900 Series (Radeon X1900 Series (0x7249))
PASS
Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card

Video RAM: Required - 128 MB , You have - 512.0 MB
Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
Video HW Transform & Lighting: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
Vertex Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 3.0
Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 3.0

Video Card Driver Version (DirectX)
Your driver version number is: 6.14.10.6660
FYI: Make sure you have the latest driver for your video card. Click 'Free Driver Update' and we'll direct you to your video card manufacturer.
DirectX Version
Minimum: DirectX 9.0c (included)
You Have: 9.0c
PASS
Sound Card
Minimum: Yes
You Have: ATI T200 Unified AVStream Driver
PASS
Sound Card Driver Version
Your driver version number is: 6.14.10.1077
FYI: Your sound card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper sound card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product.
Free Disk Space
Minimum: 5.5 GB
You Have: 65.7 GB
PASS
DVD
Minimum: 4X Speed DVD-ROM
You Have: LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-1635S USB Device
PASS, but the Speed could NOT be analyzed.

wow! nice rig u got there..i dont think x1900 is still available here...i guess x1650 will be ok...hope it works :)

thz , well I got the cheapsest parts for my rig lol, but the video care is the heart of the core xD and the ps too.
and those recommendation was introduce by a few nice techspot members.

my only objective right now is to keep that baby running for 5 more years without any upgrade or encountering any problems lolx

happy computering!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back