Organize favorites in win 7 ie 9

Hi,

I spent over an hour organizing my favorites in IE 9, Win 7. I HATE the default, aplhabetical organization that IE uses. totally useless. I dropped and dragegd individual folders within my favorite folders to their proper places. also dropped and dragged teh favorites folders to their proper palce in the overall favorites folder. get all that? 2 Different levels or organizing.

teh good news: teh first level held when I clsoed the 'manage favorites' box. that is, within a favrite folder, each ewb site thatw as tored is in teh palce that I want it.

teh bad news: teh favorite folders all went abck into alphabetical order--that is, for teh most part. some of them somehow dropped all teh way to teh bottom of teh favorites list. moreover, now when I create a new favorites folder, it also goes to teh bottom of teh lis.

need less to say, this is quite frustrating.

I ahve tried alternate ways of accessing the favorites folder, like putting 'run' in the search box (there is no RUN in hte start button in win 7), clicking on the RUN icon, and puttin in

%userprofile%\favorites

as was mentioned in another threadf about organizing favorites. that does take you to the favorites folder, but it's even tougher to manage teh folders from ther. it does not let you drop them in between other folders. it only lets you drop them into existing folders. rather a pain.

any suggestions?

please do NOT suggest another browser. definintelyu no intereated.

thank you! and merry xmas.

Despite the fact you say "don't suggest another browser", you might be better off using firefox to do your favorites (bookmarks in firefox) "your way". When you install Firefox,it gives you the option to import them from other browsers including IE. I'd suggest you install Firefox, import the favorites, sort them to your liking & then delete them from IE so they won't be duplicated & re import them.
Or, as another choice, download SeaMonkey & you won't need to be concerned about them being alphabetized.
Using SeaMonkey,its one click to bookmark it & you can even have NON alphabetized folders. I've been using SeaMonkey for years & love it. The choice is yours. Merry Christmas:)

Back