Origin Neuron Gaming Desktop PC Review

It’s easy for people to claim that the 3070 is the equal of the 2080 Ti, but all of that falls apart when you actually use that GPU with newer games.

The 3070 is not as powerful as the 2080 Ti simply because the 2080 Ti has a larger memory buffer and in many cases will do a better job running a game despite being slower..

Give the top 3070 10 GB of memory and it will be a winner.

Until such time: the 3080 is where you want to be.
It makes more sense over the next few years to have spent more money on the 3080 instead unless they hurry up with a 3080Ti.

I think the real shame of the situation is that the 2000 series was overpriced due to crypto mining causing computer parts to all be overpriced but now in 2020 the 3000 series is overpriced due to scalping.

It makes me wonder if the 4000 series is going to suffer the same fate? Some type of manufactured increase in price or shortage.

Last edited:
It’s easy for people to claim that the 3070 is the equal of the 2080 Ti, but all of that falls apart when you actually use that GPU with newer games.

The 3070 is not as powerful as the 2080 Ti simply because the 2080 Ti has a larger memory buffer and in many cases will do a better job running a game despite being slower..

It makes more sense over the next few years to have spent more money on the 3080 instead unless they hurry up with a 3080Ti.

I think the real shame of the situation is that the 2000 series was overpriced due to crypto mining causing computer parts to all be overpriced but now in 2020 the 3000 series is overpriced due to scalping.

It makes me wonder if the 4000 series is going to suffer the same fate? Some type of manufactured increase in price or shortage.
Hmmm..... The benchmarks in the review show the 3070 being on par with or faster then the 2080ti. Perhaps you should post some evidence to back up your claim?

Strange that almost all reviewers that did thousands of benchmarks make your claim completely false. They all must be wrong, Techspot themselves showing the 3070 exactly equals the 2080 Ti. Dumb drawn out comments as always!

"In this review, we won't be paying as much attention to the specifications of our particular system since each build configuration can be different. Rather, we'll be checking out the user experience and value proposition of such a system."

Thank you. I never understood why people did performance tests with boutique systems, as if the i7 in a Falcon Northwest (Are they still around?) was somehow faster than the same i7 in an Alienware.

I think the real shame of the situation is that the 2000 series was overpriced due to crypto mining causing computer parts to all be overpriced

The 20xx Series was overpriced because nVidia raised the MSRPs across the board. By the time of the RTX cards, crypto demand had died down significantly, but nVidia took the opportunity to keep prices at crypto levels.

Or you know, people going out and buying up the cards and selling to make a profit or for their "Multiple" gaming rigs.

Back