TechSpot

Osama bin Laden's hideout ported to Counter Strike, too

1. From the picture it doesn't look like a bad map to play, maybe a bit small for CSS but that could just be the screenshot.

2. stewi0001

stewi0001 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,183   +528

It would be cool if this map was on Project Reality (BF2 mod for those who dont know)

3. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,011   +18

Does the water tower contain a hidden escape rocket?

4. howzz1854

howzz1854 TS Evangelist Posts: 602   +86

wow..... i think i might have to get back into CS after all these years just to play this map. :)

5. Emil

Emil TS Rookie Posts: 154

Osama bin Laden's hideout has been ported to Counter Strike: Source. The free map of the complex in Abottabad, Pakistan is called fy_abbottabad and is available as a 1.41MB download…

Read the whole story

6. Emin3nce

Emin3nce TS Rookie Posts: 129

Should have used the line "You probably haven't heard of it." ... missed the opportunity to let your inner hipster shine.

7. BlindObject

BlindObject TS Rookie Posts: 412

No servers are playing it :(

Anybody wanna put it up on their server?? :D

8. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,700   +1,886

This would only be fun if you could blow up the Pakistani military academy while you're at it. After all, it was right around the corner, so to speak.

Putting an end to Bin Laden, worth its weight in publicity gold.

Pumping a couple of rounds between some long-winded professor's eyes, during the second hour of his lecture, priceless....;)

9. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 3,481   +44

3rd time I've seen something about a remake of the layout. What's next. A 1st person view of the navy seals shooting him in the face?

10. Zen

Zen TechSpot Paladin Posts: 861   +45

And for everything else, there's Mastercard :haha:

11. veLa

veLa TS Evangelist Posts: 708   +168

Hardcore CS:S player here myself. Lots of seasons of CEVO-Main

12. fpsgamerJR62

fpsgamerJR62 TS Rookie Posts: 489

Doesn't look like there's enough room to land a couple of Blackhawk choppers ? or maybe it's just the screenshot.

13. Wasn't the first, an Arma 2 mission was created literally hours after the event, fully scripted and everything.