TechSpot

outlook express and wireless

By mandpaul
Nov 28, 2006
  1. Hello,
    I am finally on a wireless network! No more dial-up! However, when I connect to Outlook Express, my computer still wants to dial. So, it does. Do you know why my wireless connection doesn't check my email instead of dialing? Also, I use Mozilla Firefox for my browser. I have downloaded Thunderbird, but can't seem to make it work. (Eventually, I would like to just use Thunderbird, but for now, would like to get Outlook Express working.)

Thank you for the help! Maggie :wave:

2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,714   +397

In your Internet Options control panel, switch it from always dial a connection to never dial a connection.

3. mandpaul

mandpaul TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 51

It already says, "Never dial a connection". It still dials, though.

4. N3051M

N3051M TS Evangelist Posts: 2,115

poke around in the Tools>Options/Settings in outlook express.. from the time i used to use it i remembered something along the lines of something about connection settings, maybe in send/recieve or accounts (can't remember)

You could try run the network wizard again and select "this computer connects to a gateway or another pc to go internet" or something. and then delete the actual dialer if you don't use it..

5. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

thunderbird is easy to program. Just copy all your settings for severs info from outlook over to thunderbird. It should work.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.