Outlook passed 2gb .pst file

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxdanielxx

Hi I have this problem we have a server running exchange server. There is 3 computers connected to the server running outlook. On 1 of the computers all of the emails have been deleted how can i restore the emails back onto this computer the other 2 computers have all of the emails.

jobeard said:
did you try EXPORT from one and IMPORT on the other?

? what do you mean. Export it from another pc then import it to the pc that has the problem. Also is the 2g limit per computer or is it on the server

xxdanielxx said:
? what do you mean. Export it from another pc then import it to the pc that has the problem.
yes:)
Also is the 2g limit per computer or is it on the server
the limit applies to files on the system where they reside; so BOTH

ok will try also is there a way to remove the limit on the computer I know that exchange server gives me the options to change the limit but how can i change it on the computer

in my opinion, you're playing with fire. ANY corruption ANYWHERE in the 2bg file
and you will loose your contacts, calendar, and all email.

Personally, I use Outlook for only the first two features and use a 3rd party email client for my pop3 email service. Notice: contacts and calendar appointments are
far less volitile (ie change less frequently or at lease in less volume).

Use the Outlook Export feature and save Contacts and then Calendar archives
separately. At least if you scramble the .pst file you will be able to get those elements back again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back