Outlook passed 2gb .pst file

By xxdanielxx
Apr 10, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi I have this problem we have a server running exchange server. There is 3 computers connected to the server running outlook. On 1 of the computers all of the emails have been deleted how can i restore the emails back onto this computer the other 2 computers have all of the emails.
  2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

3. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,270   +280

did you try EXPORT from one and IMPORT on the other?
  4. xxdanielxx

xxdanielxx Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 1,214

? what do you mean. Export it from another pc then import it to the pc that has the problem. Also is the 2g limit per computer or is it on the server
  5. jobeard

yes:)
    the limit applies to files on the system where they reside; so BOTH
  6. xxdanielxx

xxdanielxx Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 1,214

ok will try also is there a way to remove the limit on the computer I know that exchange server gives me the options to change the limit but how can i change it on the computer
  7. jobeard

in my opinion, you're playing with fire. ANY corruption ANYWHERE in the 2bg file
    and you will loose your contacts, calendar, and all email.

Personally, I use Outlook for only the first two features and use a 3rd party email client for my pop3 email service. Notice: contacts and calendar appointments are
    far less volitile (ie change less frequently or at lease in less volume).

Use the Outlook Export feature and save Contacts and then Calendar archives
    separately. At least if you scramble the .pst file you will be able to get those elements back again.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.