Ouya is now offering a 12-month pass to 800+ games for $59.99

By Shawn Knight
Jul 1, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Ouya recently launched an All-Access Pass in which buyers can gain access to more than 800 titles for the price of a typical console game. The package will let gamers play any qualifying title for the next 12 months but if you...

Read more
  2. misor

misor TS Evangelist Posts: 1,157   +195

Thanks but no thanks. I'll gladly spend 59.99$ at steam summer/holiday sales for games I'll own forever, that can be installed/uninstalled/transferred to another computer on the same steam user account. :)

800 games over 365 days = 2 games a day =no replayability or there's a replayability of a limited number of games and most available games are wasted.
  3. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,428   +472

You forgot there are no exclusive nor AAA games on the Ouya, you play pretty much google play games market page :p
  4. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

I think the concept behind Ouya is great, but the games just aren't good enough IMO. As mobile graphics and engines improve, I think Ouya and Android gaming consoles have a chance to succeed.
  5. j05hh

j05hh TS Booster Posts: 138   +22

Is there a list of these $30 games ?
  6. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,428   +472

The way for the Ouya to succeed in this market is to partner with legacy console makers and offer a platform to play those games, like an emulator.
  7. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,430   +2,822

Seems like a desperate attempt for attention! If the platform was worth playing, this would not be thought necessary.
  8. cmbjive

cmbjive TS Booster Posts: 777   +137

Well, it seems OUYA is in desperation mode.
  9. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,430   +2,822

Extreme Desperation Mode!!

How could you abuse the system an all-access-pass to 800+ titles? We either have access or we don't, simple as that. What rules could possibly be bent, which would add a risk element for disqualification?
  10. misor

misor TS Evangelist Posts: 1,157   +195

I think ouya already has an app NES emulator.