TechSpot

Overclock

By vioz0r
Nov 17, 2004
  1. hi i got a Barton 2400+.

i have overclocked my ram and gfx card. its all fine but i have a gigabyte and it shows 65c but i read that its 15 more then usual.

its on 133hz atm but i can't go up in 1 intervals so its 133 , 166 , 200 ect.

my motherboard supports 400fsp. but im not sure about my cpu . so im gonna go up and up and watch teamperatures so thats why i want a Program that reads temps while on desktop?

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

If you go to www.majorgeeks.com you can dowload mbm5 (motherboard monitor) also CPUIDLE which will reduce your cpu temp.

You will need to install the MBM first.

Regards Howard :unch:

3. vioz0r

vioz0r TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thank for that mbm5 yer its 70c man why do i get 70c with this gigabyte motherboard. dammmit and that cpuidle was really bad it raised 15c more and my computer turned off becuase of heat restriction in bios .. >.<

4. vioz0r

first time i restarted and overclocked to 166mhz. then the next day i turned on the computer it didn't boot. so i reset the bios and restated the 133mhz. it seemed fine but why did it only work for one day. bah

5. Th3M1ghtyD8

Th3M1ghtyD8 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 794

Er, no you haven't, Bartons start at 2500+.

Then your board is not suitable for overclocking.

I suggest you read some overclocking guides, and the many posts about overclocking on these forums. You clearly have enough knowledge to be dangerous, but not enough to overclock properly.

6. vioz0r

Yes i know. i have 2500+ i just check i forgot. um

Quote:
    its on 133hz atm but i can't go up in 1 intervals so its 133 , 166 , 200 ect.

Then your board is not suitable for overclocking

Get a clue thx. how about i don't read some guides and you reply with a relavent reply that will help me. and i don't want your stupid reply about my knowledge.

i did overclock successfuly. so i would quit this forum becuase what you gave me for information was stupid and didn't help.

- Watch your language on these forums
    Didou

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.