Overclocking E6700 on 965P-S3 rev 3.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerre

hello,

i want to overclock my Cpu to 3.00 GHz now it's 2.66

i've got a motherboard 965P-S3 form gigabyte with a F14A update

when i try to overclock is by changing the FSB to 300 with a ratio 10 and the voltage on auto after i disabled EIST, CE1 and TM1 in by bios.

i get a black screen when it reboot and it turn of it does this 2 times and then the original settings are set back.

i've got 2 bars of 2048mb memory from Apacer with a max. brandwidth PC2-6400(400MHZ)

can someone help me ?

thanks,

Jerre

Could be the ram, which I've never heard of. Not to mention the motherboard is that oc friendly. Try increasing the fsb more with a lower multiplier. Like 375 fsb x8 multiplier.

Could be the ram, which I've never heard of. Not to mention the motherboard is that oc friendly. Try increasing the fsb more with a lower multiplier. Like 375 fsb x8 multiplier.

when i do this i have for my memory fraquency 1125Mhz while my original Mhz is 800

and i still get the same after i reboot the pc shut down

you need to unlock your fsb to memory scaling. Should be an option in your bios. This way your memory speed wont increase with your cpu fsb.

you need to unlock your fsb to memory scaling. Should be an option in your bios. This way your memory speed wont increase with your cpu fsb.

i've done that i have set is on my Cpu host freq. is 400 Mhz clock ratio 8

system mem multiplier is set on 2 so i have 800 Mhz there.

and it won't work

i've set my bios back to F13 because F14A is a beta bios

when it reboot i'll get to a text memo T and then it restart

Hmm. if you're limited to your oc, it could be your ram, Need to figure out how to keep the mem speed at 400.

We know, your ram wont allow much head room

Hopefully you have a decent psu(oh yeah and update your pc specs in your profile pls)

increasing the voltage manually is the only thing i can think of at this point.

Change vcore 1.45 with multiplier 10 and 300 fsb. See if it boots to windows. If it does, restart. Continue to decrease your vcore voltage by .01 until you cant get to windows anymore. Knock the voltage back up by .01 then that's your minimum pwr usage for the oc.(At this point more than likely your system still wont be 100% stable at full load).

I'd suggest downloading prime95, its a free program to stress your system/cpu and ram. If your system is unstable under load then kick your voltage up .01.

You may have to try lowering your multiplier and increasing your fsb as well. Different batches of cpus act differently.

*Remember oc'ing isnt a normal thing to do and isnt recommended in most cases. Make sure that you have sufficient cooling and proper hardware knowledge before you attempt*

Hmm. if you're limited to your oc, it could be your ram, Need to figure out how to keep the mem speed at 400.

We know, your ram wont allow much head room

Hopefully you have a decent psu(oh yeah and update your pc specs in your profile pls)

increasing the voltage manually is the only thing i can think of at this point.

Change vcore 1.45 with multiplier 10 and 300 fsb. See if it boots to windows. If it does, restart. Continue to decrease your vcore voltage by .01 until you cant get to windows anymore. Knock the voltage back up by .01 then that's your minimum pwr usage for the oc.(At this point more than likely your system still wont be 100% stable at full load).

I'd suggest downloading prime95, its a free program to stress your system/cpu and ram. If your system is unstable under load then kick your voltage up .01.

You may have to try lowering your multiplier and increasing your fsb as well. Different batches of cpus act differently.

*Remember oc'ing isnt a normal thing to do and isnt recommended in most cases. Make sure that you have sufficient cooling and proper hardware knowledge before you attempt*

now you can see my spec. but i have tried to keep my memory on 800 like it is like the original 800Mhz so I'll try to set it on 1.45V and see what happens. do i need to change the FSB voltage ? my psu is from corsair HX 620W

can it be that my pro is'nt supported on this board ? because on giga-byte they say for bios.

F14a 2008/07/31

1. Beta bios

F13 2008/07/17

1. Update CPU microcode

F12 2007/07/18

1. Fix system compatibility issues for overclock
(Sometimes booting failed after reset)

F10 2007/05/28

1. Add support for new super IO version

F9 2007/04/26

1. Fix PCI-E overclock issue
2. Support Intel E6420 & E6320 CPU

F8 2007/01/11

1. Enhance FSB frequency flexibility

so F9 and above will only support E6420 & E6320 ?

no, they just added support for those cpu's as they werent supported previously, mostly because they didnt exist prior to the creation of the bios.

yeah like i said earlier in the post you have a few limiting factors. I'd suggest getting a better motherboard if you're going to get into overclocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back