Overclocking Intel Core 2 Duo E8200

KingSaber

Hello I am a newbie overclocker :eek:. So recently I have been trying to get my Intel 2 Duo e8200 (originally 2.6 ghz) to 3.7 ghz. As of now I have been able to get it up to 3.4 ghz without having to increase my ram voltage. So in my bios I am given the option to increase my DDr2 reference voltage my increments of 10mhz. I am wondering what the safe ranges are for ram voltage. Can anybody give me a good idea of what I should do next. And yes I have already run stress test on my cpu.

i had Intel 2 Duo e8200 and i know a lot about this cpu so i personally don't recommend to overclock your cpu more than 3.4 Ghz to avoid heat and unstable or failure system and that's could damage your cpu , ram or mainboard.

You only need to increase your RAM voltage if you are increasing your RAM speed. You should be able to adjust the RAM speed via the DRAM:FSB ratio in the BIOS. You can then increase your CPU speed without increasing the memory speed negating the need to up the RAM voltage. Ram usually doesn't have a lot of lee way in regards to the voltage. Also what are you doing in regards to increasing the V Core voltage on the CPU? You are talking about RAM voltage but are using the term mhz. That refers to the speed of the RAM not the voltage. Could you post your mobo and operating system specs along with the name and model of your memory. Someone could be more specific about settings if you do. You are probably not going to get a stable overclock pushing that processor too much past 33% or around 3.5Ghz with 3.4 probably being around the optimum like SKYSTAR mentioned. And you will probably need after market cooling.

Not sure if you know what you're doing.
Though I think ~4ghz fine if you're lucky, with minor vcore increases.
Why don't you look at whatever your manufacture recommends for RAM, probably max ~2.3v.

The Intel 2 Duo e8XXX series are known to overclock up to 800 MHz past its default clock speed with little or no change to the cpu voltage. For me to get my E8500 from 3.2GHz to 4.275GHz i had to change the default voltage of 1.225V to 1.4225V. I could have my cpu at 4.5GHz but im not going to pump 1.5V into my cpu on air. If you could tell us what motherboard, ram, cpu cooler your using we could help you alot more

Back